My Favorite Japanese Stuff

What Japanese food is your Favorite? My Favorite Japanese food is: ramen, Tempura, Tokoyaki.
What Japanese sweet is your Favorite? Dango.
Your Favorite Japanese Manga? Naruto.
Favorite Jrock bands? Moi dix Mois, PROJECT TO EVIL.
Favorite Japanese cartoon? Doraemon.
Favorite bass player? Kazuno Moi dix Mois,PROJECT TO EVIL
Which Japanese words are your Favorite? Watashi wa anata o totemo aishiteimasu, aishiteru, baka, kuso ttare, banzai.
Which is your Favorite Japanese city? Hiroshima.
Which is your Favorite Japanese song? Spiral by Kazuno of Moi dix Mois.
What is your Favorite thing of Japan? The Culture,the people Japanese because are Fabulous and Educated, Jrock music, food, Japanese language.
Would you go to live in your Favorite nation Japan if you could? Yeah i would in a moment Japan is my Favorite nation of the world and is my Favorite place where i wish live.
Can you dedicate one of your Favorite words to Japan? Watashi wa anata o totemo aishiteimasu Nihon!:purple_heart::kissing_heart::jp:

1 Like

Mainly traditional moral cultures, someone murders your dad? Vengeance calls

I like their poets as well, some moderners are tsujimura mizuki (I really like lonely castle in the mirror(a novel)) some old ones are natsume soseiki (light hearted ā€œI am a catā€ to grim ā€œkokoroā€) osamu dazaiā€¦ Is kinda melodramatic, topics as ā€œinertia, laziness confused with existentialā€ I donā€™t need to mention his most sold book

Their moviesā€¦ I actually like battle Royale 1,2
Kaiji 1,2. All 3 death note live actions (original cast) aside manga adaptations, blue spring, its only talk, hentai kamen (my favorite movie of all time) on a serious note I canā€™t discriminate them from French movies, theyā€™re just boring in a good way, while some try to shock the viewers I ended up hating it, Especially ā€œconfessionsā€ (come at me bro)

I like their history with other countries, like even I Didint know until I searched it up and they knew waaayyy better. Culturally wise.

Favorite city : nagoya

Favorite sweets : dango I agree, but personally I make an abomination with Profiteroles and weasle cakes which only I can digest.

But people judging the country with the views of mainstream media ā€œanimeā€ most popular example, and prejudices the country itself like its an object, like people who talk off their ass without ever going there saying shit like ā€œitā€™s good for tourism but bad to live inā€ like wtf do you know about Japan? Theyā€™re talking like itā€™s happening exclusively there. And I absolutely hate people who are ā€œpretendingā€ to be a foreigner to shit on their own country, thatā€™s so cirnge. Unexpected rant, pardon.

I like it honestly and I would go again for a longer duration. Wish I learned the language though could do so much more. Iā€™m actually thinking about it, should I go to Ottawa again or nagoya, while I do have the license in Canada, idk about japanā€™s education system, how long it would take for a doctor to be reducated, it took 7 years in Canada I.e

2 Likes

Amazing @HeroOfLove! :heart::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Speaking as a Japanese person currently living overseas, I think we all miss convenience stores and 100 yen shops when weā€™re overseas. ALL of my Japanese friends have complained about it and I literally go to 7 for a pizza-man the second I can whenever I go back.

As for food, in addition to pizza-man, I like shabushabu (especially negi), udon, and Kansai style unagi. For sweets, do Pure Gummi count? I also like taiyaki. City-wise, I like Shibuya and Hamamatsu (though admittedly Iā€™ve never gone(ē¬‘)). Manga-wise, the only ones from my otaku phase I still care about are Fruits Basket and Kuroshitsuji.

Musically, I only listen to Japanese artists. Outside of visual kei, right now itā€™s only luz-kun and YOASOBI (who doesnā€™t though, honestly). I also like Japanese fashion brands, partially for style and partially for fit. Clothes never fit me overseas.

2 Likes

Amazing @kryr_16 ! :heart: :kissing_heart:

My interest lies mostly in vkei these days, but I do enjoy JRPGs and have a fondness for Utena and Evangelion when it comes to anime.

Travelling around Japan I did enjoy Sendai a lot for being a smaller city with decent proximity to Tokyo. I wish I had spent more time in Osaka but hopefully next time.

I like matcha and ramen a lotā€¦and tbh mister donut was one of my favourite things lol

The cleanliness and orderliness I like, too~

Some dislikes:
-The unicorn mentality of other foreigners in Japan is pretty hilarious and you can really see it when youā€™re there
-being stared at a lot when I like to be more anonymous and not stand out, it heightened my anxiety
-that it is frowned upon to walk while looking at your phone, I was always very conscious of this while trying to locate things on apple maps all the time D:
-that there are different rules for which way to walk up and down stairs (tokyo and osaka have the opposite rules for example)
-SQUAT TOILETS D:
-the very small bathroom stalls at train stations

1 Like

Beautiful @VkeiWitch! :heart: :kissing_heart:

Osakaā€™s a very interesting city isnā€™t it? My first thought when it comes to Osaka will always be matcha beer. I was super underage the time I went to Osaka so I didnā€™t try it though.

2 Likes

Osaka is a Beautiful city, i want try the beer matcha i think is a Great beer when you drink it think to me too @kryr_16! :heart: :kissing_heart:

As a member of the LGBTQ community I really donā€™t think japan would be a nice place to live.

That sounds really scary and Iā€™m also afraid to ask

Wouldnā€™t dare to say bad but definitely harder to live as a foreigner (if a woman way harder).

As for my favorites:
I really enjoy eating ramen (tonkotsu style currently my favorite). My favorite sweet is Taiyaki.

I really enjoy manga and anime, Evangelion was the first series that had a huge impact on me so itā€™s one of the most important for me I would say. My favorite cartoon is Aggretsuko.

My favorite artist is MIYAVI, I admire him for a lot of reasons and I also love the fact that everyone knows about his marriage and family.

Iā€™m really interested in the countryā€™s history, specially the transition period between the Edo and Meiji eras. Visiting some historical places is in my bucket list and my ā€œidealā€ trip would involve visiting places from top to bottom. Iā€™d also really like to visit Sado Island.

I think I would definitely live in japan for a while during an exchange program of sorts, specially to be immersed in the language but as queer and tattooed person I wouldnā€™t say Iā€™d live there forever.

1 Like

I currently live in Japan (thx gazette) and whenever I decide to return to America, Iā€™m 10000% gonna miss the conbini and vending machines. I get the feeling Iā€™ll miss coin lockers too lol but i guess iā€™ll miss lives the most. iā€™ll still go to them when possible, but i really enjoy the ticket number system among other things.

As for savory food, I love shabu shabu and okonomiyaki. For sweets, one of my favorites is kinoko no yama, the choco mushroom biscuit thing. I also enjoy sweet red bean soup.

Thereā€™s minor things that annoy the tf outta me here but I like it overall since a lot of things areā€¦ convenient. Obviously thereā€™s big issues in this country like everywhere else tho.

1 Like

Awesome @dimbiiitch ! :heart: :kissing_heart:

Cool @dev0_t ! :heart: :kissing_heart:

Iā€™m also living in Japanā€¦ another vote for konbiniā€™s, and ticket system/live etiquette from me.

I love sushi/sashimi and trying out new/seasonal snacksā€¦ I enjoy most Japanese foods actually. The only things I canā€™t eat are natto, horumon and ginger or plum flavored stuff.
I do miss pizza that isnā€™t expensive and good (= European imo) cheese and bread.

Itā€™s been years since I actively watched anime, but I still love Ghibli.

I like the customer service and safety here, but I miss how much more progressive my country, the Netherlands, is. Japanese politics is a joke full of dinosaurs.

2 Likes

Spectacular @xLIZ4! :heart: :kissing_heart:

What Japanese food is your Favorite? ćƒ©ćƒ¼ćƒ”ćƒ³ć€å¤©éŗ©ē¾…态ē“č±†ć€åÆæåø
What Japanese sweet is your Favorite? éƛē„¼
Your Favorite Japanese Manga? 惖ćƒŖćƒ¼ćƒ
Favorite Jrock bands? too many, I canā€™t listā€¦
Favorite Japanese cartoon (anime, thanks)? too many, I could make a list of my top 200 fav.
Favorite bass player? čŖ°ć§ć‚‚恄恄 :joy:
Which Japanese words are your Favorite? ę²ˆę²”ć€é­‘é­…é­é­Žć€ē„žäø‹ć€é†é†å‘³ć€å¤šć—čŸ¹ :rofl:态é“Ø :rofl: (bad and confusing transliteration rules :rofl:)
Which is your Favorite Japanese city? ēØšå†…ć€å„„å°»å³¶
Which is your Favorite Japanese song? D.I.D. - Nihilism
What is your Favorite thing of Japan? the language, the culture, the music, peopleā€™s attitude on art and science and their open-minded thought
Would you go to live in your Favorite nation Japan if you could? no, but Iā€™d like to have a little travel. I prefer nordic countries.
Can you dedicate one of your Favorite words to Japan? ć ć„ć«ć£ć½ć‚“äø‡ę­³ļ¼ :smile:

1 Like

Amazing @araxzijk ! :heart: :kissing_heart:

1 Like

If Iā€™ll leave Japan, Iā€™ll miss my honmei band and my friendsā€¦ and mochi, all sweets related to mochi, its strawberry season now and my current addiction is 7-11s monstrously big strawberry mochi filled with vanilla cream.