my poems and haikus

1. the Japanese haikus, romaji and English translation included
    written during 2012-2014
    original translation is in Chinese, I added English one just now.

『無き闘争歌』
naki tousouka
(haikus of endless struggle)

前言
zengen
(prologue)

心のみ
kokoro nomi
戦いの場所
tatakai no basho
終わらせる
owaraseru
(only heart, is the place to fight, let there be none.)

其の壱
sono ichi
(chapter 1)

揺れる月
yureru tsuki
其の輝きが
sono kagayaki ga
強く照る
tsuyoku teru
地も銀に染め
chi mo gin ni some
身も白になる
mi mo shiro ni naru
(dazzling moon, it shone strongly. the land was dyed in silver, and my body changed to pure white.)

其の弐
so no ni
(chapter 2)

奈落には
naraku ni wa
泣き声一つ
nakigoe hitotsu
響くなら
hibiku nara
腐敗の命
fuhai no inochi
振れるんだろう
furerun darou
(in the hell, there’s a crying voice. if it kept making sound, decayed life would be moved.)

其の裏
sono ura
(hidden chapter)

枯れた草
kareta kusa
変われる花が
kawareru hana ga
いつか咲く?
itsuka saku
叫びの日まで
sakebi no hi made
昨夜も来ない
sakuya mo konai
(shrivelled grass, should eventually become a flower, and when it shall blossom? until the screaming day, last night shall never come.)

其の参
sono san
(chapter 3)

忘れる日
wasureru hi
届かぬ思ひ
todokanu omohi
何処へ行く?
doko e iku
(forgotten days, inexpressible desire [or miss], where did they go?)

其の死
sono shi
(chapter 4, 死 means death but has the same pronunciation of 4 in Japanese.)

幻惑め
genwaku me
明け星流れ
akeboshi nagare
時離せ*
tokihanase

*the same as 「解放せ」here, it’s a kind of rhetoric in haiku.
(like a dream, the universe is moving, time also goes by. [it’s time to liberate.])

其の冴
sono go
(chapter 5, 冴 means coldness but has the same pronunciation of 5 in Japanese.)

闇の部屋
yami no heya
幻光
maboroshi hikari
凍てるから
iterukara
自らために
mizukara tameni
窓裏に描け
madoura ni kake
殻に堕ち
kara ni ochi
吾が魂も
wa ga tamashii mo

(a ray of dream light pierced in the dark room. it painted ? on my soul and deceased body. “?” means anything you want, this is another rhetoric, if you don’t add “?” in the translation that won’t make sense.)

其の肋
sono roku
(chapter 6, 肋 means rib but has the same pronunciation of 6 in Japanese.)

全て消し
subete keshi
徒「 」*抱き
tada kakko daki
一人斬り **
hitori kiri

*「 」means blank and has a similar pronunciation of “the past”.
**一人斬り actually also means “slash a person”. {I guess Vidoll fans will understand.}
(if [you] want to delete everything, only blank [the past] shall remain, and you shall be the only lonely one.)

其の死地
sono shichi
(chapter 7, 死地 means place of the dead but has the same pronunciation of 7 in Japanese.)

kokorozashi
刈る気を込めて
karu ki wo komete
独りだけ
hitori dake
飛べる彼方へ
toberu kanata e
空白の上*
kuuhaku no kami

*上 means above, using “kami” also indicates 神 “god”, which has the same pronunciation, again.
(for the sake of ambition, [only you] lost everything. [you] shall fly above to the other bank of the blank [river] at last.)

I think I’ll show my Chinese poems soon.

7 Likes

bonus, I forgot about this…

Raven’s Dusk

Once upon a twilight weary, while I uttered, quietly and slightly,
With many a silent and awkward volume of choir.
While I closed the book, suddenly there came a knocking,
As of some one gently snapping, snapping at my cabin door.
“The end is near” I murmured, “knocking at my cabin door—
Only this, and something sore.”

Ah, indisputably I remember it was in the chill November,
And each grisly dying flesheater forged its spirit into the ore.
Passionately I wished the plateau;— hopelessly I had to furrow.
From my hymns cease of sadness— sadness for the vanished Hathor—
For the sake of the goddess whom the Minotaur names Hathor—
Eternal darkness for nevermore.

Very impressive! It’s actually the first time I read Haikus (beside hearing Zero talking in Borderlands 2 haha). Good work, I really enjoyed it, it was a fun ride :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for the kind words! it’s not that hard to write these but it’s pretty difficult to pick up the suitable words in order to fit the strict rhythm.

拟云友题临安邸·菊月廿日杂诗
湖水共生涌再涌,镜下浊浪几时胧?
波澜美景君共赏,直把潢池作滇池。

not that precise translation due to the language difference…:
(Imitation of Ti Lin’andi - A Poem Written in September, 20nd)
(the tide of the lake water rose up. when will the hazy tide in the mirror be shrouded?
let’s appreciate this grand scenery together. [they] just regarded Lake Huang as Lake Dian. )

菊月 actually means “the month of daisy” but is the symbol of September traditionally.
original poem is Ti Lin’andi by Lin Sheng around 1127 AD. it’s a sarcastic poem aimed at the emperor and other politicians who didn’t care about their own nation, which had been defeated by Jin in the war, but only enjoyed eating and drinking all the day.
and my version is aimed at… well, whatever you think, I didn’t wanna make this topic too realistic or political. it’s just a helpless moan of… :yawning_face:

1 Like

朝天子·拟鸿渐偶得作
键盘、鼠标,身儿小范儿大。
电舟漫横多如潮,全仗尔等正名。
神见了神侧,仙见了仙避,那里去辨什么虚与实!
眼见的敲灭了这厮,按毁了那厮,只写得魂飞魄也散!

not that precise translation due to the language difference…:
(Chao Tian Zi - Imitation of Wang Pan’s Work and Written by Coincidence)
(the keyboard, the mouse, though they’re small, they’re bold.
thousands of cruising electronic ships all rely on you in order to [know the “truth”].
the gods are scared, the immortals are no more, no one cares about what is true or false!
we just saw the keyboard ruined him by typing, and the mouse destroyed her by clicking.
their lives and souls flew away unfortunately at last!)

original poem is Chao Tian Zi - Yong Laba (a poem of trumpet) by Wang Pan around 1510s. it’s another sarcastic poem aimed at the feudal officers who only cared about money. they killed people, collect the money privately, just for themselves. so Wang Pan wrote this ironic poem which was very deep at that time and few people could understand what’s this about because he didn’t want to get caught by those officers for sure.
my version is, again, aimed at… you’ve already known, I don’t need to explain. :smiley: but this is true, all kinds of rumors are always flying all over the country without scientific evidence. what’s sad is, many ppl (especially the elders) believe them and spread out the words, even push against the truth. the dark feudal time really killed ppl’s pure mind I have to say. and that’s why I complaint a lot and wrote ironic stuffs. :sweat_smile:

伪诗为暗讥现世作
风卷云涌雨飘荡,黄沙漫天净苍茫。
挑灯彻读苦作舟,学海无涯却绸缪。
荒漠且梦尽花开,涸渊亦想满鱼怀。
残月廊下望青门,方醒掩叹烂柯人。
试玉等闲三日慢,辨材亟待七年寒。
古人一句万马逐,来者万牍一花去。
源头活水尚能枯,绿树青草尽如故。
尘世沾惹心自明,黄泉一顾信步行。
遥看西鹤向北飞,近望魂鬼随南回。
千金未鬻几度秋,光阴已散山河收。
低弦悠悠曲终隐,黑月飒飒光不淋。
世事不异须从头,人情鸲鹆*余自笑。

(a Fake Poem Written for Irony of the World)
(the wind was whirling, the cloud was rising, the rain was floating, the yellow wind was devouring the sky, and the sky became indistinct.
[I] studied hard at late night though, still hesitated because of the endless knowledge [of some area].
that desert was like a dream with blossoms. a dried-up abyss also wanted to be filled with fish.
seeing the blue gate in the porch under the crescent moon, [I] hid my face and sighed, realized [I] was awakened like a dead treant.
it was too late to check out a real piece of jade. seven years’ waiting would make a talented person chill.
the forefathers’ saying is like a thousands horse running. but a newbie’s whole book is like nothing but a decaying little flower.
the water resource would become dry for sure. the green tree and grass was still like before.
what does this mortal life look like? we’ve all known already. but when [you] step into another world, you would slow down or stop to think.
watching the western crane flying to the north in the distance, the spirit followed to the south instead in the near sight.
[you] could’t spend thousands [pounds] of gold to purchase several pieces of time. the time had gone by, the mountain and the river were in sight.
[a string instrument’s] low key was making sound and it was hidden. the dark moon was sparking and no light was there.
everything is no difference and would become a ground zero eventually. I’ve seen a lot [of people and things] and enough of that, what I could do is only to laugh [stupidly] [and pretend nothing happened].)

*鸲鹆 means myna, a kind of bird which is similar to parakeet, can imitate human’s talking.

total original this time, 七言绝句, a traditional Chinese type of poem which made of 7 characters each half-sentence. a bit “avant-garde”, “dada”, “experimental”, whatever you think. and again, sarcastic. and again, complaint. and again, eh, I was bored and, I’VE SEEN TOO MUCH NONSENSE. :yawning_face:

a multilinguistic stuff, pretty shxtty :rofl:

languages including, Finnish+Swedish+Norwegian Bokmål+Danish+Japanese+English+Dutch+Esperanto, from first to last each paragraph, sentence by sentence.