NAZARE new look and new single ADOLFISM V announced

Issei seems to own everything related to the band.

That still doesnt has to mean that he has the means to actually take shit down. :woman_shrugging:

As a small indie musician its always harder to keep his rights and take care of that than if you are under a label

Retsu did it pretty easily in DIMLIM.

He hasnā€™t even claimed any of the things on my channel. I really donā€™t think he cares.

1 Like

They are on their own.

Yeah never done anything to what I posted proving if he did care we would have gotten striked etc.

Soooo i suppose he really doesnt care, thats something i suppose.

Butā€¦

If you dont care about foreignerā€¦ then why follow foreigner on social media???
Screenshot 2023-06-08 010153

But maybe we should just cut it down to the most important thing

Bandmembers suck at band managment!

And Issei is probably no exception.

1 Like

I understand why bands make strictly live-limited singles. It gets people through the door and you get to sell a song that would normally be lost in an album for a premium and get people through the door. Its a shit business model for us but theres enough bangya to keep them afloat. That also raises the rumors of bands selling their own live limited singles on mercari for another premium. Its sad the band expresses zero interest in the foreign market but people should really start voting with their wallets. It really did seem like change was coming when we had a wave of vk bands start releasing their material on Spotify.
This band may as well have stayed disbanded.

2 Likes

Does it thou?
Hear me out, if you release something live limited, you dont really open up towards new fans, or you attract new fans/customers with it. It only plays into your fans, that are already fans of you. Fans that high likley would eitherway already attend your lives.

Maybe you get to attract fans from other bands you are playing with. But this is VK and if i am not wrong, fans are pretty loyal towards one band and dont run from one to another one that fast.

Basically what i am trying to say is, with live limited releases you only do the fans you already have a favor, but you dont attract new potential fans.
And like thatā€¦ a band doesnt grow. :woman_shrugging:

i still wonder, how much of that was just a PR gag
like those bands that say ā€œwe disband if not so many people come to our next liveā€

4 Likes

Totally agree with everything there. I also said previously i feel people who already like the band would go see them regardless of live limited releases and as you say that just seems to favour the fans that can make those certain shows and doesnt really get out to anyone else until it hits the second hand sites. Unless as you also say, people who are there who may not be fans like them then they can get a cd, but they could also get any of their CDs, whether its live limited or not probably doesnt make much difference.

I mentioned about that being a PR thing ages ago as well and at the time everyone shot me down with fire saying what a dumb idea that was. I am still not convinced it wasnt that to be honest, everyone in the band as far as we can tell remained musically active during that time, mio was posting a lot of covers and stuff and that Common Era album materialised pretty fast after they announed their return. Also, it was basically called off because of Mioā€™s mental health right? Well to my knowledge, most mental health issues are either with you for life or take years to properly recover from so i dont really buy it that within the year he was all fully recovered and ok to do music again.

2 Likes

Obviously hes not fully recovered but rather functioning which is an improvement from whatever made him want to quit

3 Likes

lost all patience for this kind of release ā€˜strategyā€™ tbh

4 Likes

Yeah its a bit shit for overseas fans. If a band does it on a more odd occasion then fine. But basically every release? Fuck off now. Haha.

itā€™s the same with marvelous cruelty and misanthrope. iā€™m just tired of spending 4000+ yen for a track that isnā€™t even that great. in the past it was the very odd release which fine i get, but itā€™s becoming almost exclusively japanese for some bands and iā€™m a little pissed about it ngl. i get the scene isnā€™t as popular as it was in the early 2000ā€™s but with ototoy and other digital platforms this shouldnā€™t be an issue. so iā€™ll just vote with my money and spend it elsewhere i guess. over the nostalgia demotape scarcity novelty.

4 Likes

With you 100%.

1 Like

So I went to their show at Shinjuku Blaze last month, and the place was probably not even half full. I was genuinely surprised considering it was a Saturday, and there seemed to be more people when they played smaller venues. It must have been a bit rough for the band when they came out, especially with guests such as Mr Hoshiko (VK oyaji) present. In that regard, the live-dist single strategy clearly didnā€™t work out.

The next one is exclusively for VIP ticket-holders, which are pretty expensive considering the size of the venue and the popularity of the band, and seem to have no other benefit besides getting into the venue first. That said, it is labelled as ā€˜first press limited editionā€™ so I expect it will be released in stores at a later date too - most likely there will be some kind of announcement after the show.

3 Likes