new black metal band "Vandal" has formed

new black metal band “Vandal” has formed and their first digital album, “地​獄​変” (jigokuhen) has been released on 3/1 (minimum cost is 5 euros).

If you’re desperately in search of a good Japanese black metal band, then this is for you. Highly recommended :raised_hands:

8 Likes

I shall be the judge of that Vandal. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Perfectly serviceable melodic black metal.

as someone who has more or less completely abandoned visual kei for black metal (and some death metal) im interested, definitely throwing this on the rotation tonight

Glad to hear there’s still experimentation to be done with this sound, I wasn’t necessarily expecting the electronic sounds in the background but they fit there real well. Hope they find a label or a distributor sooner or later, it’d be a shame for this to go unnoticed. Thanks for the links!

1 Like

the album will be released on CD, vinyl, and cassette tape!

the tape version has been released in black and silver colors through Under the Dark Soil on 8/26

the CD version has been released through Pest Productions on 9/1

the vinyl version is expected for release through Ixiol Productions

I bought a copy from bandcamp last month. expected something raw and bedroom pop level, but actually not that bad.

man, I’m not a fan of raw mastering and mix, even for black metal. that’s why I prefer melodic black metal.

This feels a little too clean for me, it kind of reminds me of modern Behemoth stuff. Still, pretty cool. The atmospheric effects feel unique, though I’m still not sure how sold I am on them. I don’t know much of the Japanese black metal scene outside of Sigh, so I’ll keep an eye on these guys. Glad to see stuff like this getting coverage!

2 Likes