New Member Intro

Hello! My name is Quinn and I’m 20 years old. I go by they/them pronouns. I just joined the forum and discord server yesterday. Music has been my main passion for years. I love goth music, shoegaze, post punk, new wave, and metal to name a few genres. I just recently started getting into Vkei and different types of Japanese rock/alternative music. I was introduced to L’arc-en-ciel, Hyde, and Vamps around a year ago, but I didn’t take a deep dive into learning about the Vkei subculture until about 5 months ago, and I am so glad I did. The Gazette was the first band that really jump started my interest. Not just my favorite J-rock band, but my favorite band in general right now is Plastic Tree. Including the bands I listed, some of my other favorites are: Buck-Tick, Dir En Grey, Razor, Malice Mizer, Shazna, Lynch, Madmans Esprit, La’mule and more. There are so many bands that I am wanting to check out and get into as well.

Thank You for reading ( ◠‿◠ ) I’m excited to be here.

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum :raised_hands: (and on our discord server too)
I hope you will have a great time here and find whatever Infos you want.

You got some nice beginning of VK bands already there.

1 Like

Welcome and enjoy your stay

2 Likes

Hello to you too! Everyone is pretty approachable here so feel free to ask any questions or suggestions or anything really. Welcome to W̶o̶o̶d̶b̶u̶r̶y̶ Jrock.

2 Likes

Hi! Glad to have you here. You have some of the classic Jrock VK bands there. Buck-Tick is pretty good.