New Member says hi!

Hi everyone and nice to meet you!

About myself I would say Im an older Vkei and metal fan lol Im an Italian expat living in Japan…and Im already 36 but I hope its ok to be here anyway!

I have been listening to Jrock, Vkei and other stuff for many years, but because of Covid I stopped going to concerts and, dont ask me why since I dont know myself, also stopped listening to music almost entirely…
Then the other day I went to a live, I kind of woke up and remembered how much I love bands, artists and concerts, how much they supported me through my younger years and so on…

One can be pretty lonely in Japan, so I wanted to try and connect with people with similar tastes/interests one more time!
Given my age, I used to join forums a lot (and I still prefer them to SNS somehow) so I was delighted to find this community ^^

Enough for now, looking forward to reading you~

10 Likes

Welcome!! Hope you’re able to find more stuff to rekindle your interest while you’re here :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome on the forum!
We have quite some people around your age as well, don’t worry. I’m in my late 20’s as well, so hitting the 30’s soon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Feel free to join our discord server if you haven’t, real-time chatting with our members here can be fun and you could exchange your music interests and such as well.

Also I think it’s fair enough to take a break from Jrock/vk, I did so too for 4-5 years and then came back and I’m totally into it again. Somehow it just stay where your heart belongs to.

I hope you have a good time here, if you come across anything that you need to speak out to, you can always reach the staff team, we’re always ready to help :slight_smile:

See you around!

1 Like

Ahoy! :parrot: :man_rowing_boat:

Ow hey! I’m in Japan too☺️ nice to know I’m not alone

Hello, welcome to JRO! I hope you enjoy your time here but I’m sure you will. :smile:

And don’t worry about your age we have other people here who are already in their 40s.

I feel like a lot of people had such a phase. Had one myself. :person_shrugging:
I am happy to see you it took you so fast again to remember your love for music :smiling_face:

Welcome to JRO :dancer:

hi there welcome!!! :heart_eyes: I’d love to know some of your Fav VK/J-rock bands! (* ^ ^ *)

Thank you so much for your warm welcome, all of you!

Im starting to look around and I think I will also try to write and be active in some topic (I tend to read mostly). I realized I forgot to mention in my introduction that Im a girl, not that it matters but just in case lol
Also I apologize for the weird way my posts look font-wise, it might be something related to my pc/keyboard…

@etrange definitely not alone, dont worry! Where are you based? Im in Osaka.

@REMSpEEEDFreaxx among my favourite bands you can find Aushvitz, Awoi, Born, D, Deathgaze, DespairsRay, Deluhi, Dezert, Dexcore, D.I.D., Dir en grey, Girugamesh, Jackman, Kuroyuri to kage, Lynch, Matenrou Opera, Meth, Oz, Phantasmagoria, Rentrer en soi, Sadie, Selm, Unsraw, Zodia…even though I like many more!
On the metal side Crossfaith, Crystal Lake, coldrain, SiM, Onmyouza.

I’m in Tokyo :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Crystal lake :sunglasses: nice

The rest is nice too of course

HELL YEAH!!! I LOVE COLDRAIN!!! :heart_eyes: :heart_on_fire: :heart_on_fire: :heart_on_fire: :heart_on_fire:

@etrange I thought so!

@Rena Yup, very nice indeed lol

@REMSpEEEDFreaxx I saw them live a couple of weeks ago after a long time…and they are always good ^^v

1 Like

OMG SERIOUSLY!!! Dude!!! Im so jealous!!!

I was lucky to be able to get a ticket, they went sold out in like 2 minutes…its always like this with coldrain, SiM and similar bands...they do a lot of coupling/three-man tours too, so all fans converge and its even more difficult lol
I have to exercise my old fingers to get fasters on the smartphone XD

Also fans are pretty laid-back and nice, I dont need to dress nice or feminine or anything and I dont see many ban-gyaru thankfully…I`m a girl too and I liked and like VK, but God are the Japanese ban-gyaru annoying and ill-mannered ^^;

1 Like

uuuuugh, I bet! :crying_cat_face: so sorry to hear about the bad fan experience, but DUDE- to see COLDRAIN must have been AWESOME