New mysterious project "オニトカゲ " (oni to kage) has formed

A new project called "オニトカゲ " (oni to kage) has formed in April.
It might be related to AINS since this project will only be playing gigs organized by AINS at the moment, first live appearance will be on 2021/05/20 at EDGE Ikebukuro.

No details on the lineup yet, only this picture has been shared:

https://twitter.com/onitokage2021

6 Likes

so AINS still exists?

1 Like

I mean, I still think Oni to Kage was a kickass album so… I’m down for ex-grieva members covering Grieva’s covers.

2 Likes

I think it’s Kyouki ex Grieva

Unfortunately involvement with AINS basically guarantees a disbandment in less than a year, would love anything like grieva though.

2 Likes

I’m down for a one-year AINS band really lmao

Reminds me of a Marvelous Cruelty look.

It really gives me a lot of vibe to Kyouki.

2 Likes

Kote bands have been using this look for ages.

2 Likes

Hope their music is kote-oriented.

1 Like

He’s revealing himself a little bit more

1 Like

yes, and if you’d ask me, it’s completely overdone. Madeth looked pretty cool doing this, but at this point it’s boring when every new group does it. I wish Kote bands could come up with more original ideas than just cosplaying (insert kvlt band of the 90s and early 00s). Same goes for imitating or stealing songs.

As much as I liked Grieva, I mainly liked the shit they bothered to write themselves more than their Diru rip off numbers. I hope this project will go more into this direction, focusing on taking Kote elements but bring them into a new, modern context. I think the trend of doing a 90s song with a modern twist and influence works pretty well. That was the direction Grieva took before disbanding and imo it was much more interesting than copying the past.

But we’ll see. I’ll keep my eyes on this project.

2 Likes

I know, I was just accentuating it since it is the only band that is currently active.

and now basically the same picture but without lily

1 Like

What a cocktease, just take off the cloak already.

1 Like

Please be Kyouki

1 Like

I really, really, want this project to be good. This second era of ains just hasn’t been as good

1 Like

I just hope this will be a full band and not just some solo project.

Btw. Does Ains even has any Band left Besides Diaura?
Like the Last i got was Grieva & Gossip Disband lol

DIAURA aren’t signed to AINS anymore, I think they’re signed to Forum or something.
AINS doesn’t have any signed bands at the moment, or at least no one “official”

2 Likes

please, please just drop some audio samples!!