NIGHTMARE new maxi-single "cry for the moon" release

I like this, but all of the songs sound like they composed them ca 2010 and pushed it all at the back of ruka’s laptop waiting to go independent

another grossly cheap PV to top it up, which is understandable but still disappointing af

This does not sound like 2010 Nightmare IMO. They released the self titled that year and was very much a departure album that tried out a ton of new stuff. This sounds like a mixture of the less electronic stuff in SCUMS and To Be or not To Be, but much more informed by their earlier works.

1 Like

Aww this is so nice! The single does have some nice throwback vibes too.

The lead song does make me think of… 2013-ish Nightmare? Updated-arrangement-2007-Nightmare? Which is a great thing in my book so uh…

Wouldn’t say that Believing reminds me of ~2006 era Nightmare rhythm-wise just because it has more guitar riffs? (honestly it reminds me more of… Yohio lmao. Edit: yeah truly Yohio-era Nightmare had a lot of experimental stuff so maybe I’m not misremembering that dreaded era.) The vocals esp. at the build-up part are certainly very 2006ish-era-sounding though and I can’t help but wonder how much Yomi is straining his voice (no idea technically, but he did strain his voice a lot in that era so). On the other hand BARK does feel like it. Really like it.

Anyways, 10/10 love it “we’ll go down together” crowd here

1 Like

Wasn’t sure how onboard I’d be with this since Ink was disappointing, but I like it. It definitely has some throwback vibes.