NIGHTMARE

Hitsugi just had his bday concert and it was streamed. And they performed Hide by Everfree. But the STREAM MUTED FOR COPYRIGHT REASONS :pensive: So only the people physically there heard it.

2 Likes

first

Leaving the original title here, for context

Nightmare performed a cover of Everfree by Hide

2 Likes

People were ranking some of their favorite albums on the latest Sendai Kamotsu news post, but maybe it’s more fitting here?

A refresher about their non-complilation full lenghs, if anyone needs it:

Ultimate Circus (2003)
Libido (2004)
anima (2006)
the WORLD Ruler (2007)
killer show (2008)
Majestical Parade (2009)
NIGHTMARE (2011)
SCUMS (2013)
TO BE OR NOT TO BE (2014)
CARPE DIEM (2015)
Nox:Lux (2022)

As for my ranking it moves around a bit from day to day but it should go like this:

1.anima (2006)
2.killer show (2008)
3.Libido (2004)
4.NIGHTMARE (2011
5.the WORLD Ruler (2007)
6.CARPE DIEM (2015
7.Majestical Parade (2009)
8.Nox:Lux (2022)
9.Ultimate Circus (2003)
10. TO BE OR NOT TO BE (2014)
11.SCUMS (2013)

Tons of albums close to each other in the ranking could switch places depending on my mood/nostalgia, except for anima i’d say everything is in flux for me.

huh?? missclicked response? but yeah sure

my favorite songs from them are

everything else I already forgot how it sounds

For me it generally speaking would go like

1. Killer Show
  2. Majestical Parade
  3. Libido
  4. Ultimate Circus
  5. Anima
  6. The World Ruler
  7. Nox Lux
  8. Carpe Diem
  9. SCUMS
  10. NIGHTMARE
  11. To Be or Not To Be

Also we were ranking the worst albums :joy:

I know! But I was curious to know the broader lists. It pains me to put albums on the lower part of the list because I honestly like every single one of the and the only one I really need to get in a mood to listen to is SCUMS… but even then I enjoy it quite a bit when i’m into it.

Thats fair although I have much stronger opinions on the “bad” albums. I too enjoy songs from each album but I could never sit and listen to TBONTB or NIGHTMARE without skipping a good majority of the songs.

Imho To Be or Not to Be becomes a hundred times better if you swap out -TRUTH- for isolation (B-side off リライト).

And personally i like to leave the bonus track Kenka Drive off too, imo LLB is a great ender & Kenka works better w/ their B-sides anyway

2 Likes

Isolation is one of my favorite Nightmare songs while リライト makes me feel nothing special. Kenka Drive I don’t even listen to, so, yeah, there’s plenty of room for swapping for Isolation in TBONTB imo and the album as a whole would benefit greatly from it.

In the case of SCUMS I think it’s BY FAR the most gimmicky Nightmare album and they went overboard with the arrangements and the song intensity. It feels too homogenous and intense to me. Majestical Parade also has a very clear directon but it doesn’t feel overbearing like SCUMS.

TBONTB on the other hand has the exact opposite problem and feels completely disjointed. The self titled is also like this but I can’t hold it against it because I consider it mostly an all killer no filler album, unlike TBONTB.

Carpe Diem or Nox:Lux feel much more balanced and flow much better imo. The quality floor is higher across the board (or at least the I find almost all of the songs easier to like).

Isolation is such a good song from that period. Definitely my favorite song from 2014 and like my top 3 from that era as a whole

Yeah scums was overdramatic. Though Riddle for some reasons strikes a chord with me. When you compare it to Rubbish from NIGHTMARE you can tell Riddle was given preferential treatment. Rubbish low-key sucks while Riddle is magnificent to me