NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST new maxi-single "THE ONE " release

just out of curiousity:
have they somewhere already stated that they aren’t VK anymore?

1 Like

Not that I know of? They look more vk than some bands that call themselves vk. I don’t think they’re planning to not be vk?

1 Like

I think they were never strictly VK. They just dressed as they liked

1 Like

No they’ve definitely said they were vk many times and as far as I know have never said they aren’t vk.

3 Likes

They weren’t vk here:
5a6cac120f7ef290b1a49f3a1d33340e29b5e125_00

or here:
17ba70b4dd7986807629732246d26c89

but have been ever since I’m pretty sure.

5 Likes

man they look like a Japanese emo band there I love it.
it looks a loot better than the current promo picture

4 Likes

Didn’t they become vk because they were struggling and couldn’t get signed?

2 Likes

They never said they weren’t visual anymore, but they sure as hell don’t look visual anymore.

I could believe this.

1 Like

They were absolutely hopping on the vk bandwagon for attention. Their pre-vk stuff were just BMTH covers, and I don’t think you can expect a lot playing Pray for Plagues at multi-man metalcore events with 20 people in attendance. They immediately got some traction when they transitioned over.

Saw them live during their EU tour way back when, and they were great. New stuff sounds pretty boring.

2 Likes

I still think they look more visual than some bands that say they’re visual but I agree they don’t really look visual anymore. I don’t get the point of being vk if you just do the bare minimum visuals, I had hoped for vk metalcore/deathcore(Never really understood why NB is so often called deathcore they only have a couple deathcore songs) bands to look more similar to insanity injection not this lol, plenty of non-visual bands look more visual.

Being visual kei has more to do with marketing and allegiances and commitments, rather than a way of dress per se. Visual kei bands often exist in their own bubbles of record stores, venues, fan culture, events and etc. Nokubura started out in a completely non-vk environment before they (rather opportunistically, as time has shown) transitioned over. There are not many bands like DIMLIM that dabbled in vk- and non-vk multiman events, and as far as I know nokubura stuck with vk events? I haven’t checked their live history in ages, but from what I remember I believe nokubura came back to non-vk events after the departure of some of their members. I would take it that when something like that happens, as it did with DIMLIM when they stopped doing instores and the rest, it’s a conscious decision to distance themselves from the visual kei scene and fans.

4 Likes

werent they pretty open about just using vk as an opportunity to sell more?
After all the drama they caused and acting fools spending their own bands money on partying I think their image is just so bad in VK scene that they kind of have to separate themselves from it.

1 Like

Not bound by the traditional image of the visual kei genre, the band continues to actively push forward in creating a new genre of its own.

Thats from their offical website.

Personally i dont think they will drop being VK anytime soon, yeah visual wise they do the complete minimum (basically even less than that). Maybe its a phase, there are other VK bands that dropped the make up for some years, without being suddenly not VK anymore. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like
3 Likes

see in tweeter to hear it better

1 Like
6 Likes

It’s no “Malice against”, but I was able to listen to the song twice…which is more than I can say for most of their post-ZeTeS output. I think they’re finally finding their groove as a band with this song.

3 Likes

… Let’s put it this way: if I wanted to listen to some bland, generic, uninspired western metalcore I’d have a plethora of other bands to pick from

4 Likes

It shows that you hate everything the band does, all your foundations are negative whenever they release new music … you repeat yourself a lot … we already know that they are not to your liking

1 Like