Not so popular bands that have a special meaning to you

Hello everyone!

Which not so popular bands are really nostalgic to you and have a special meaning? I know a lot of us have those really popular bands that we were really huge fans in the past or still are in the present, but I’m looking to those smaller bands that for some reason give you really special feelings when you listen to them!

I’ll give an example:

I had this friends group when I was in highschool back in 2008~2009 and we would all listen to j-rock.
I have bands that always remember me of that time and give me a lot of nostalgic feelings:
MANNEQUIN and ワタシメスラッグ (Watashime Slug)

I also have a special place in my heart for SIVA and -qiche-, because I would listen to them all the time while studying for exams.

Looking forward to see yours!

10 Likes

they’re not nostalgic since it was a newer band but VARIE. their lyrics get to me, i hope EMS is available soon so i can get the secondhand CD i bought…
since they didn’t last very much nobody really knows about them. but i love them. and all the members are so nice and interact a lot on social media’s with fans.

They were an older band, but I really loved BIS. I thought they were great.

6 Likes

soroban for sure! I found them by chance on youtube and immediately was hooked. for some reason their music sounds like the epitome of vk, or at least what it was to me back then.

1 Like

CoЯe The Child with Sel’m still makes me very nostalgic. They were the first “heavier” Visual Kei bands I ever heard and of course it was on high school so all those memories come to my mind.

3 Likes

I always liked black:list and thought their time was cut way too short. I thought their sound was kind of like if Girugamesh took more Nagoya-kei influences.

2 Likes

I’d say 秋葉原少年団☆電脳ロメオ, they’re one of the not-so-popular bands I really dig into significantly since my first touch of visual kei scene in general not under the appreciate level of metal or hardcore punk as my usual custom.

2 Likes

oh I thought Sel’m was quite popular :dizzy_face:

1 Like

I think they were popular when Ryuga joined as vocalist (maybe I’m wrong) and I don’t like Sel’m with him, I prefer Tora.

Dennou Romeo were top notch! I think they really shine in PHYSALIS.

1 Like

Since I met visual kei, I have been very attached to little known bands, which I think is because I don’t like having common tastes.
Bands like ichigo69., COOKY and Gokusai Film caught my attention in an instant and I listened to them practically every day, being my starting points to get into groups as unknown as those mentioned. :heartpulse:

3 Likes

I love both actually, and Stereo.C.K isn’t that bad either.

yeah, and ライラック and Refrain are the best ballads for me.

1 Like

Lamiel is maybe not so popular but one of the best bands to me,
Karma-Shenjing being the first VK band I performed with as a kid was a big big influence too.

2 Likes

Not completely sure which bands are considered popular or not but I’m pretty sure these were some unpopular bands that meant/mean something to me: MoЯGuE, Disgust, Gore, Zetu, Zaklia, Dead Children, and By:Arlant. I just really seem to connect with those horror/dark themed heavy vk bands, probably because I seem to be stuck with the mindset of an edgy teenager for life.

2 Likes

Vasalla. Nobody cares about them these days.

4 Likes

Marco. :heart:
They’re just like Merry in sound and visuals and their music is reminiscent of early 2000s vk. With all of Rei’s bands, I really don’t know why they’re not very popular, but the only thing that matters is that their music brings me joy. I just wish they had more recognition.

2 Likes

definitely seconding vasalla, love them so much

1 Like

thumb-up for By:Arlant, really love their unique melodeath sound!

NOi’X.
They were the first VK indie act I’ve ever heard, it was so different than everything I’ve ever heard before but sounded so good

3 Likes

Actually they were somewhat well known during their (short) prime. They topped oricon indie charts, had songs in TV shows EDs, even their color of mind PV was a random-ass colab with a gum brand

damn, I freaking miss those guys

1 Like

I miss them too, I really wish they stuck around longer.

1 Like