NUL. 1st album release 2021.01.09/16

2 Likes

oh we getting a MV for Cube? nicee

Absolutely BALLER. Can’t wait for this Saturday morning at 12:01 am when it downloads on my iTunes!!

That’s great news, can’t wait to listen it. I will definitely buy it but I’m not sure yet, if I buy digital or the cd release. If the digital release has a lossless version, maybe I will buy that otherwise the CD.

It’s about time ! Really excited to hear the full album. It’s nice to listen to Hazumi’s voice again !

lol, ‘I don’t seek, I find’ is a famous quote from Picasso.

2 Likes

I love his voice. Glad that he’s back.

Ugh, it’s an order form for the CD and they don’t ship outside Japan. What’s the best way of getting this?

Hizumi’s voice is the best thing about the record.

Most tracks sound like the not so good tracks by D’espairsRay though. Some parts remind me of earlier D’espairsRay tracks. The record is good, but unfortunately nothing special either.

2 Likes

as much as i loved D’espairsRay i won’t deny that the band was fizzling out near the end. NUL. to me is better than what D’espairsRay ultimately became. this feels more cohesive.

I’ve listened to D’espairsRay and remember being really saddened when I found out they broke up. Listened to Tribrid Archive today on Spotify. It does maintain some Despa influence, but on more chill and proggy side. My personal favourites were Plastic Factory, XStream, Another Face and Nomad.
Even if it isn’t groundbreaking, I can’t complain. I’ve listened to it only once, and I’m 100% sure this album will be one of those I’ll love more after every spin.
And what’s really pog for me? Hizumi hasn’t lost his fire! :star_struck:

1 Like

Finally I‘ve got some time for a first spin and what can I say? This album feels like an old friend who is appearing in your life again after a long long time.

As I can’t say much about the songs itself (I have to give them a few spins more) the album sounds overall solid. The vibe is nice and I didn‘t find a bad Song until yet. Favorites so far are Cube, Black Swan and KaliMa. Honorable mention: The last seconds of Soulcage. Man that gave me some D’espa-goosebumps.

Hizumi absolutely shines and his voice sounds better then ever. We even get some shy screams in Poison Eater. I‘ve NEVER could have imagined to hear his voice in such a good shape ever again and I‘m curious to hear the songs live. (Maybe I‘m spending those yen’s for the live stream :thinking:)

Maybe I do a track by track review in the next days but all in all this album is a great nostalgia listening experience which gave me both smiles and the need to mosh. :slight_smile:

As this band is to 99% made of Hizumi-hype I want to mention the great work of Toshiyuki Kishi. As you may know he was the programmer for abingdon boys school which I was a big fan of back in the days. You may definitely hear some abs vibes in the tracked and I love that!

2 Likes

Album still hasn’t settled in for me yet. I’m going to need a few more spins before I make up my mind.

A good album for a 1st one. Ground Zero is one of the best, this atmosphere, god
 Ofc it has D’espairsRay vibes so for me it’s hard to judge this album itself without comparison.

At least it’s not that bad, and i’am fine since i did’nt enjoyed demos that much.

I still can’t get used to their name. NUL in french means BAD (awfull) so
 ^^’

3 Likes

I ended up playing this today without even thinking what I was doing. it’s really become something I’m enjoying a whole lot.

2 Likes

It seems that cannot be purchased througth zenmarket beacuese the form Page thing
 :sob:

You can order it via CDJapan proxy service, a bit more expensive than zenmarket though.

Thanks, finally I ordered througth cdjapan

Its on ototoy

1 Like