Old rumor possibly about Gackt?

Hi! So back in 2008 I started listening to Gackt. I was reading things on Wikipedia and saw that one of his band mates from his old band died of an aneurysm. (Pretty sure malice mizer and Kami) but what the page said was that after a show, kami kissed Gackt, they had a falling out and then a week later they had found Kami dead in his apartment. I believed it at the time cause I was 13 and didn’t think much of it. But now I can’t find anything on that. Is it possible it was a diff band and artist entirely or just some weird fan rumor? Thanks

4 Likes

Deffo a weird fan rumour, and I’m confident in saying that it’s completely false. I heard the exact same thing except instead of Kami X Gackt it was Mana fighting with Gackt over leadership/sound direction and Kami’s death (murder in that case) was Gackt’s revenge on Mana after Mana won the fight (Mana owns the rights over a lot of their music, it’s under Midi;Nette after all). I personally really doubt that Gackt and Kami had a fight as all the tension in the band comes from Mana and Gackt (though Kozi doesn’t seem fond on him either based on how he’s dunked on Gackt before lmao). And yes, the rumour I heard is bull, though I’m certain that the strong personalities of those two clashing was at least one factor that lead to Gackt taking his leave.

4 Likes

Lmao man I cried so hard over it! It sounded so tragic! But makes sense that it was some rumor. There wasn’t any other jrock band member that passed from an aneurysm, right?

2 Likes

No, that article definitely refers to Kami. He passed away from a Sub-arachnoid hemorrhage that occurred in his sleep, most sources agree it was from an aneurysm.

3 Likes

Yea he was the only one coming up in the searches I would do. So weird to me how someone would add such an elaborate rumor to a wiki page :sob::joy: shame on me for being gullible. Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

I think there are different versions of that Kami rumour because it was a very sudden and shocking event that seemed inexplicable. Plus Kami was known for being a health freak, so it was weird that he had a health issue like this fly under the radar. I’m not surprised that people bought into conspiracies like this. Personally, considering that he’s a member of the 27 club (musicians who died at 27, there’s a lot of them apparently), that’s a sign to me that his tragic passing is not as wacky and out-there as one would think, but a tragedy that sometimes befalls very busy musicians that overwork themselves.

6 Likes

I just wonder how long it was on the wiki page until it was removed cause at the time it was 10 years after his death. But I guess it’s in the same vain as people talking about Cobain’s death to this day.

2 Likes

a fanfic

5 Likes

yeah this definitely just sounds like a fanfic haha. It was tragic all round, but not for those reasons.

5 Likes

not people editing the wiki to paint gackt as a murderer :sob:

6 Likes

Lmaooo that’s what I’m sayin’!!

1 Like

The only thing he murdered is our ears and eyes lol

4 Likes

tired of all the false crap on gackt tbh

4 Likes

He’s enough of a clown as it is

7 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
I am rolling on the floor. That comment knocked me out. :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

It’s similar in that they were both celebrities in very popular bands who died suddenly.
However, Cobain was openly suicidal for possibly years beforehand, while Kami was apparently anything but. While Cobain’s death shook pretty much the entire music world (yes, Nirvana was that big), Kami’s was much more of a shock as no one could have anticipated it.
Regardless, this rumour about Gackt is baseless and absurd.

2 Likes

Another possible origin of the “Gackt was somewhat behind Kami’s death” rumour was that interview on Tokyo Damage Report with a “former VK executive”, explaining the shady stuff in the industry. The interviewer makes a reference to a “dispute between rights for certain music” that lead to an untimely death, to which the executive is indicated to make a “throat cutting” motion, and says to move on.

It’s hard to really ascertain how valid this was, as we don’t know the identity of this supposed executive and how much he knows from personal experience, or whether he was just going based off of rumours, nor if he and the interviewer were even talking about MM.

1 Like

he murdered my heart