Petit Brabancon - 刻 / 渇き

I’ve long gotten the impression that some of the band members might not care too much for the avant-garde metal direction Dir en grey have taken lately. But you are right, he is the only member without a side-project. We have DECAYS, sukekiyo, Petit Bacon, and seraph from the other members and I might be missing one. I feel like Kaoru has a laser focus on making material for Dir en grey and that’s why he doesn’t have a side project.

1 Like

I work with a few people who are very chill while just hanging out with them but are VERY different when working on art with. The vocalist/other guitarist in my primary band used to be VERY difficult to work with, from being very vocal with little tact when he didn’t like something I brought to the table, to having tons of ideas for my compositions without leaving any room for our drummer or I to have ideas for his songs.

He’s mellowed out significantly over the last few years, and on the current album we’re working on there’s a lot of parts or riffs that wouldn’t exist if we hadn’t been collaborating, and he leaves me a lot more room now to do what I think works best on his compositions. But it took a while for us to get there, and even when he was difficult to work with artistically he was still a good friend and a very chill person to hang out with if we weren’t working on music together.

2 Likes

Toshiya doesn’t do music either, but he does some fashion stuff if I remember that correctly.

Kyo also does some gallery art on the side, which is quite intense given he’s been in two performing touring bands (now three.)

5 Likes

It’s fine. A bit pedestrian at times with some really cool ideas sprinkled in. I’m less interested in their album than I am the direction of their sound. In theory, the more they collaborate, the better those songs will be.

Can anyone post lyrics please?

There are none.

Maybe Kaoru is busy paining??
Its the only “side” stuff he ever did.
I dont know how his fingers are doing nowadays.

Also he should be old enough to be married and have kids.

His fingers are doing well, from what I noticed at least. Have been for a while.

And I’m pretty sure he is married. But it’s been years since I looked into that.

1 Like