Petit Brabancon - a humble border

Available digitaly and to buy on OTOTOY

Orcd

2 Likes

Sounds like a filler song on a DeG album.
I still think this is one of the worst jrock ā€œprojectsā€ in recent years, together with the last rockstars.

3 Likes

What makes a border humble?

1 Like

Agreed :sweat_smile:

I donā€™t dislike the whole project. I mean if he wants to do something diffrent from Diru and Sukekiyo, thatā€™s cool. And some Song they made I couldnā€™t image Diru doing them. But this one? Nah.

2 Likes

I walked in to the track, thinking nothing of it. Its now on my PB&J playlist, because it actually goes really hard. It feels like a yukihiro joint; and being a fan of Acid Android, those sonic textures got me feeling some type of way.

No guards or walls

I canā€™t take these synths seriously.
This song is too dumb to be in DeGā€™s album.
And it is hilariously enjoyable.

I dig the song, itā€™s nothing super special but itā€™s a fun listen for me. I played it in front of my boyfriend who doesnā€™t like this kind of music but was digging it until about 2 minutes in.

1 Like

Iā€™d arge that would be a barren or unguarded border. A humble border would be something like a bit of barb wire and an old man with a stick or something.

I guess lol. I was mostly thinking of how many borders in Europe are justā€¦ a sign telling you youā€™re passing into a new country. Like how here in the USA when passing from one state into another thereā€™s just a sign on the highway telling you ā€œWelcome to Pennsylvaniaā€ lmao

1 Like

Itā€™s fun, I like it. Would be great live for sure.

In some small ways, this band continues to surprise me. Itā€™s not a bad song, at least itā€™s something Iā€™d more willingly re-listen than anything that DEG put out in the past couple years.

Song is fun and dumb, and I guess thatā€™s it? It came and went so quickly that didnā€™t make much of an impact.

I still have high hopes for Petit Brabancon, 刻 has quickly become one of my favorite songs ever. But I still donā€™t get what is the point of this project. Iā€™ll keep trusting the plan, tho

After actually listening to it now Iā€™m a fan!! Itā€™s not their best work but itā€™s fun, itā€™s silly, and feels like it would be a super fun bop live. And honestly those dumb silly bouncing synths in the intro hit me in just the right way lmao

Honestly? I think itā€™s just an outlet for Kyo to just jam out with people who heā€™s wanted to work with for a while. And if thatā€™s the case, then Iā€™m all for it. People making art together just for the sake of doing so is something I strongly believe to be a net positive for the world, simply by virtue of more art existing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s perfectly serviceable and definitely feels like a DIR EN GREY b-side or something that would be on an ep. A lot of PB sounds unique, but this just feels too much like DIRU.

Yeah it really sounds like a DeG b-side. I still wonder what the members of petit brababacacon wants to achieve with this project.
It doesnā€™t sound like Miya wrote this as his songs normally are more catchy/have a catchy(better) chorus at least. Anyone knows who wrote it?

My rating is like a 4/10

Yukihiro wrote it

Thatā€™s interesting, he proved that he has no talent for writing songs.

1 Like

It sounds a lot like his work in Acid Android, though blended with the 2003 Mucc sound. Yukihiro also wrote surely and come to a screaming halt.

Iā€™m more familiar with Lā€™Arcā€™s music from before he joined, but it looks like heā€™s written a good number of songs with them too.

1 Like

ā€˜come to a screaming haltā€™ I think is actually my favorite song off of Fetish. So if Yukihiro wrote it, good on him lol

1 Like