Petit Brabancon - Automata

https://degwiki.com/wiki/Common_destiny

1 Like

Explode is their best live recording yet which shows that they’re getting better which is a good sign.

1 Like

This release didn’t really do anything for me. I kinda liked Miserable, but the other tracks were just odd. I’ll listen to Surely occasionally when I think “Man, I wanna listen to something weird.” Which happens often.
Kodou sounds pretty good, but I can’t help but listen and wish it had a more full sound.
I think that the band is still trying to figure out what their sound and direction is. I still think their best track is A Praying Man or Obey.
Those feel unique to the band.

I feel like giving them one more album, but it could just be that their sound isn’t for me.

I enjoyed it. I think some songs could’ve been worked a bit more or needed some things added to make it sound more complete in a way. Mainly felt this way when I heard Surely and Common Destiny. Other than that It’s a sick EP!

1 Like

Also hell yeah thats cool. I actually didn’t know the limited version had a glow in the dark aspect. I also own it but just noticed about that

Yeah after letting it sink in Miserable is probably the best track.
Kodou is obviously the easy-listen title track for the masses-type of song, but for me its kind of meh.

Petit brababacon keeps being Kyo’s worst sideproject.
Miserable could have been a track on a sukikiyo or deg album (not single), tbh.

I can see where people saying this are coming from but I also feel that its somewhat repetitiveness and cliffhanger ending gives it its own charm and chillness that could be lost if they did too much with it (this is in reference to Surely). This EP’s gonna be part of a playlist when I’m playing Armored Core 6.

Surely you will make it a part of the gameplay. /endpun