Plastic Tree - Plastic Tree

Finally the new album is available to streaming services

Plastic Tree Core

3 Likes

The one thing I will never get over is Ryutaroā€™s vocals. They grip me in such a distraught way- his voice is very . . whiny? But itā€™s amazing. This, with their slower hooks only make the choruses better. Heā€™s one of the bandomen that you can genuinely feel emotion from- some of the songs sound genuinely haunting. I canā€™t wait to hear the rest of it. So grateful to have music from ćƒ—ćƒ© for 30 years. :black_heart:

1 Like

Plastic Treeā€™s new album is extremely well crafted and refined in terms of the instruments and how they worked together on the production and audio engineering.

As a fan I can really give it an 8/10 for the first check

this was my first impression and not my final review!

1 Like

Couldnā€™t find it on Apple because it was listed as a 2007 release :joy: excited to listen!

1 Like

Hoping mine arrives soon! Iā€™ll hold off listening until then~

Curious what peopleā€™s thoughts on this release are so far?

I think we might have a winner here for people who think theyā€™ve gotten too ā€œsame-sameā€ over the past several years. This is definitely different.

I really like how distinct every track sounds, you can truly get a sense of which member wrote and composed each song and feel their individual flairs in the music.

Highlights for me are definitely Lime Light and Marchen, currently obsessed with those two.

Marchen was cool. I guess the album really bored me in a way iā€™m not used to. Has it been confirmed that this is their final album?

Not that Iā€™m aware of, at least not yet anyway? Though the photobook, and self-titling of the album are giving me a feeling it might be a surprise end to their careerā€¦ Totally irrational thinking on my part, I know.

1 Like

Interesting! Iā€™m really enjoying Marchen but Limelight is so different for them I canā€™t get into it.

My favorites so far:

• no rest for the wicked
  • Shikabaneze
  • Azabana
  • Marchen

Iā€™m not quite sure what to think this time around. Iā€™m enjoying it less than the past several albumsā€¦ But itā€™s not bad. Just different. Hopefully a grower.

No isnā€™t their final album! They are very happy for the 30th Anniversary. Akira started to produce/have fun with audio engineering and probably will be on next releases. The band will continue to my happiness yet.

1 Like

Phew! Iā€™d be lost without these guys. When are we getting your final review??

Iā€™m waiting my copy arrives and I need wait the release of the RR magazine to have a full review about. Probably end of this month Iā€™ll do.

Fair enough. Excited to hear what you have to say, being the authority on Pura around here and all. (Iā€™m surprised my copy arrived so quickly honestly.)

1 Like

Lime Light is my favourite by far, but the singles , Shikabane-ze and Yoiyami are good repeat listens for me.

1 Like

I donā€™t think itā€™s as good as Ink or the following more shoegaze/post-rock influenced releases, but itā€™s definitely their best album in a while. Love the mellow/melancholy atmosphere and I really enjoyed the lenghty first and last tracks. Besides that MƤrchen and no rest for the wicked are my favs.

2 Likes