Question about credits on D’erlanger’s Lazzaro

Hi all,

Does anyone happen to know if Hoppy Kamiyama appears on Lazzaro as an arranger or producer? I know he’s done some arrangements for them over the course of their career. Does he appear in the credits?

I’m convinced he’s produced or played keyboards on some of the tracks on Lazzaro. For example, the synth used during the last 5 seconds of Dummy Blue is almost identical to the synth in the intro to Dir en grey’s KR cube, which Hoppy Kamiyama produced!

I wanna say yes, because I think he appeared on at least one later album of theirs too, but I don’t have access to my physical CD at the moment to check. :smiling_face_with_tear: But if no one else can come up with a definite answer, I can check in like a week.

1 Like

Thanks!

@RED99 Sorry for the wait, I just got to where my CD is, physically. :smiley:

I can confirm that Hoppy is credited as “Additional Player” in the credits. They don’t go into details other than that, such as what instrument or on which songs he plays, but I assume it’s wherever we can hear keyboard/synths. By the way, a certain Kei Kusama is also listed there as an additional player, specifically on tracks 1 and 13 (so intro/outro).

Also, you didn’t ask but while I’m here, why not: here are some other Hoppy Kamiyama involvements with D’ERLANGER on their later albums:

the price of being a rose is loneliness

• co-writing tracks 1 and 13 with the band
  • horn & strings arrangement
  • keyboard
  • conducting the God Mountain Orchestra (whatever that means) on track 13

D’ERLANGER (self-titled album)

• co-writing track 1 with The SABOTEN (Saguaro) and track 12 with CIPHER
  • strings arrangement
  • keyboard
  • piano on tracks 1 and 12

(I don’t own any of the more recent releases so couldn’t check those!)

4 Likes

Thanks so much! Been bugging me for a while haha. I’m now certain he’s used the same synth from KR Cube but at a different pitch. Funny thing is he doesn’t even mention Lazarro on his website.

2 Likes