Question about track on Rentrer en Soi's Ain Soph Aur 2008

Hi all,

This is a really minor thing :face_with_diagonal_mouth: but it always drives me insane when compilations use crappy sources (sometimes where they dont have the original).

I was listening to Kuuhaku no Joukei 空白の情景 and Im pretty sure I heard a skip at 0:03 - does anyone else hear this? When I compared it to the PV version there werent any skips at that part, so I am guessing either I’ve got a rip that has a skip in it or they have used a terrible source for Ain Soph Aur.

Thanks!

The answer is probably both a bad rip and bad software used to extract the music. I can check my copy in a bit and confirm for you.

Edit: No errors with my rip.

1 Like

空白の情景 is one of my favorite RES songs of all time. There is no glitch or skip with the rips I have.

1 Like

Awesome thank you both!

Edit: any chance one you could pls upload a 5 second sample? I feel like I’m going to end up pursuing the compilation and end up hearing the same thing :laughing: - I literally just want to hear the 0:03 mark.

Second edit: :laughing: I got the CD and it still has a subtle skip at 0:03 - this is unlike a skip when a CD is scratched up for eg. IMO the transfer/source they used was bad for the compilation. Maybe they lost the masters :man_shrugging:

Now I noticed it. It doesn’t sound like a skip but a low-volume glitch on the right at 0:03 which doesn’t exist in the PV version. The song can still be listened to without feeling like it’s skipped though.

1 Like

Haha I know what you mean - nothing major really!