Random thoughts thread

It’s not pointless, I explained why it’s an important thing to do in live fandoms. I don’t want someone who can’t even be bothered to buy the CDs because “importing is too expensive” to be with me in the live. I only want to go live with people who value the band at the same level. Someone who doesn’t buy because of import costs doesn’t even count as a fan in the first place. Import costs are NOTHING compared to expedition costs and since foreigners don’t come to the live or do expeditions often (if at all), they have extra money so they have nothing to complain about. I live as a bangya when in Japan and an ongen-gya when forced overseas, so I know this personally.

There are people with very little money and some of them aren’t capable of working due to health reasons for example (there are lots of different possibilities, this is just the first coming up my mind). Paying the rent and for food and other life necessities needs to be a priority. It were great, if it didn’t have to be but that’s how life is. Having the choice between buying something (even without importing fees, these get added on top) or buying food/paying the rent is no real choice.

9 Likes

I appreciate the honesty. I was going to ask another question, but it was answered here. Thank you. I was going to bring up a fan’s ability to pay based on personal circumstance but Kuro already elaborated.

I think I’ll end it there for today but reminder to all parties to keep things civil, please.

3 Likes

whenever i shower i cant stop thinking about awkward moments that happened throughout my life

id really like my brain to stop doing that

2 Likes

Plastic Tree’s sound is very common among Western alternative bands but not so much among VK. I was thinking that while listening to Parade.
Maybe it’s my fault for listen to mostly Kote and Loud Kei bands, but I can’t think about other band with that Plastic Tree vibe.

1 Like

I am a kpoppie and my ultimate group (read: honmei) just released an album and I should be grateful that it only comes in three versions, because there are 9 members and in some cases there were 9 versions. I want to buy it badly but we had an album (2 ver. - didn’t reach my house yet!) in October and a paid live in November/December and a 2021 calendar which I also purchased (and it’s untouched!) so I literally cannot, because a $14 album goes for LITERALLY $100 where I live, as we have to pay for album + shipping + shopping service fees + local taxes (cries in brazilian !!) so it ends up adding to fucking $100 AT LEAST. Mind you the minimum wage here is LITERALLY $200 (edit: I just checked, we got a rise woo) and my family is middle class AT most (my parents starved as children and I was lucky enough to have enough opportunities … for studying and getting a job which is big enough here.)
So yeah, if I earned minimum wage I’d have to work a month and half to fund my three albums … assuming I didn’t have ANY expenses with food or housing or taxes or internet or mobile service or etc etc … Which obviously wouldn’t be true.

So when people try to gatekeep me, I literally laugh at them.

/rant

Having said all of this… Changing subject.

Sometimes I’m reminded of the fact that GLAY/Golden Bomber/TMR have all collabed with kpop artists and I can’t help but be frustrated at the fact that Gackt of all people hasn’t.

6 Likes

Yup, the western influence is really heavy. I’ve seen Ryutaro mention that The Cure is his favourite band, and Tadashi has mentioned his love for Joy Division and New Order. Other names like U2 (Ryutaro really likes them???) and Echo and the Bunnymen have been thrown around as influences among others I’ve forgotten.

I totally agree, they seem to be wholly original amongst the VK scene, and I’d argue in general given that their music is also different from even the western music they’re inspired by

I’ll just edit this out because someone already said what I wanted to.

I hate killing my health to work and barely survive.

6 Likes

@kryr_16

My initial replies to you were supposed to be silly and fun. Ultimately, I just wanted to have the term explained to me. I’m not offended, but since things have gotten nasty, here’s some advice for you:

If you namecall someone on your first interaction, one has to question your motives. If your follow-up remark is to call their comment “stupid”, you are making no friends at all.
I did look up the word ‘panpi’, which seems to be an insult referring to commoners. In my experience, that’s quite rude. I question what exactly your motivation was here.

Elitism is never fair. It’s the practice of looking down on those less well-off than you and stamping on them. Bullying while gatekeeping. Not cool.

Actually… importing is expensive! In my country, we just had Brexit, so shipping charges (not to mention customs and other fees) is just astronomical.
However, even before this, collecting Japanese paraphernalia was still an expensive hobby. I have a few bands I’ve followed and collected physically over the years but have had to limit this dramatically simply because I can’t afford it.

There are no ‘levels’ here. If someone is only interested in one band and doesn’t own any CDs because it’s too expensive, good for them, I say. Fans of all types should be welcomed because VK is already a niche genre as it is. We shouldn’t shut people out simply because they don’t fit the ‘true fan’ mould.

@Total_Saikou already said this, so I won’t explain it again: Not everyone is in the same financial situation. Please respect that.

This is the sort of comment that gets you thrown off message boards, particularly as a moderator already told you to keep things civil. Perhaps reconsider calling an entire community “disgusting” before hitting the Reply button.

Please note that I have reported several of your posts. I hope you take what I’ve said into account. Have a nice day.

9 Likes

Alright everyone, that’s enough. As @Total_Saikou already mentioned let’s end this conversation. Attacking each other like this isn’t going anywhere, let’s stay cool and be nice to each other.

Now time to get back on topic and just share your random thoughts without hurting each other, okay?
If this keeps on after my post, I’ll have to take higher measures.

11 Likes

I have give all my Attention to a person that i thought was a Friend but he was not my Friend but an User who has used me for his goals, i have always helped averyone who needed like vote for win Yes i did voted and his band has win the first place to go live to do a show i was very Happy at the time but then my Fake Friend is disappear and have block me on any social site so my be hurt has put me in Depression and have destroy me as person i am go under medicine for cure myself because i was really Down and i have had many doubts about everything and my mind went really in a deep Confusion , and now my feelings are more strong than before like i feel Immense Love for the people that i Love and for the people that i Love and i am more Sensitive all is happen after be Depressed when i have told you that i have been Depressed is like i am a new me now with my Feelings and someting has transformed me in a Positive way and i feel the freedom of Express my Feelings in a Strong way when before i didn’t i was Blocked now is more Symple for me to be myself and i try a Strong Love for a person that before i didn’t try was a normal Love! :heart: :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Just finished watching Alice in Borderland. Someone here was recommending it, so I’ve decided to give it a try. It is surprisingly good I must say. Some dialogues are overdramatic (I mean in anime it would be ok, but not in tv show) and visually it fluctuates between being super eye-catching and bad cgi, but still the whole battle royale concept is very addictive.

I approve it.

Hyped for season too as well.

5 Likes

Top lols mate.
Now I know why the scene is a joke and DAMLAM - CHANGED IT’S YOUR TURN NOW -

what on earth.

while y’all here, stan roze

https://forum.jrockone.com/t/how-to-join-the-jrock-one-discord-server/

I wonder what it was like for Laputa fans to read the lyrics for the song “Shita” on the band’s major debut single; here’s what I found from a lyrics site that I could copy and paste from:

スイート…… リック……
ウノウトサノウガ
イウコトキカナイ
ミエナイナニカニシバラレタ
ミギメトヒダリメガランデブー
カゼガフキヌケテノドガユレル
ナカユビトクスリユビガ
コイヲダイニカンセツヲクネラセタ
ソシテ ウマレテハイケナイ
モウイッポンノコユビガウマレタ

アチラトコチラガ カタチヲカエル
ヒフハタダレテ ムキダシニナル
ミルモノスベテガ グロテスク
アワレサハジケテ キョダツスル
マクロトミクロノ ゲンカクエイゾウ
チュウスウシンケイ サカナデル
トテモチョクシデキナイ
ウシンシツニハイビツナ モンスター

アァシタイガイノパーツガ
ベツノジンカクニ
アァダエキノヒヤアセガ
アフレアフレデル
アァゴカンノウチノ
ヨンカンガハタラカナイ
アァカミキラレナイヨウニ シタヲマケ
スイート…… リック……

ネオサイバーライド
ネオサイバーライド
ネオサイバーサイド
ネオサイバーサイド
ネオサイバーライド
ネオサイバーライド
ネオサイバーサイド
ネオサイバーサイド……………

アァシタイガイノパーツガ
ベツノジンカクニ
アァダエキノヒヤアセガ
アフレアフレデル
アァゴカンノウチノ
ヨンカンガハタラカナイ
アァカミキラレナイヨウニ シタヲマケ
スイート…… リック……

Is this for real? Pure hiragana is a pain to read, but pure katakana is even worse.

1 Like

After skimming through different lyrics websites, I think it’s the case. I can only imagine what a nightmare it would be for someone who struggles with reading and converting.

Even to native Japanese it’s a pain because there’s a lot of homophones, sometimes even if you use context the meaning can be hard to understand. Though artistic writing can be really cool when it’s used for puns and double meanings, honestly I find writing all of the lyrics in straight katakana to just be obnoxious.

moment of silence & a smol votive candle for every yung twitter soul dissing relatively tame MH for being toxic

jesus why can’t i just work with japs

2 Likes