Rap & Hip-Hop

Wanted to start a general rap/hip-hop thread to talk about new releases.

Tyler the Creator released his new album “Call me if you get lost” last night. His last album “Igor” was one of my favorite releases in 2019 so I was pretty excited for this one It’s a banger:

1 Like

Man, I haven’t listened to Tyler, the Creator’s new stuff. I fell off after Wolf because I’m more into horrorcore and underground rap and he’s actively moving away from that. Same with Earl Sweatshirt, who is moving more into spoken poetry and is trying to subvert expectations at every turn (what even was EAST bro). Gimme a song to check out and I’ll see if I’m interested, but OKRA did nothing for me and that was supposed to be a return to form. We will see.

New Tyler album doesn’t do much for me. Note that whatever music is in the first video, it’s not Call Me If You Get Lost. (OP fixed it) Find that here.

Check out this slab of Industrial Noise Hip Hop. More my kind of jam:

Dälek - Eyes To Form Shadows

R.I.P. MF Doom, although the list of hip-hop I like is quite small MF Doom is an artist I always have time for

Shout out to Jpegmafia as well, although this isn’t his best track I love the fact he sampled a PS1 game to make this

The only rap/hip hop artist that matters.

Been blasting a few classics on repeat lately.

Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
GZA - Liquid Swords
Ol’ Dirty Bastard - Return to the 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version
Method Man - Tical
Killarmy - Dirty Weaponry
Killah Priest - Heavy Mental

All classics, albeit some bigger than others. But what Wu-Tang and affiliates had in the 90 and early 00’s very something incredibly special. They just could not stop releasing fantastic albums, and it was like close to everything these guys touched became gold.

1 Like