Razor - 「UNION」new single 2022-05-25

6 Likes

Weird titles. But is RAZOR so has to be safe!

3 Likes

RAZOR new single, “UNION” will be released on 5/25 in 2 types

[tracklist]
CD
1.UNION
2.THE SIX MONSTER
3.JESUS JESUS (type B only)

DVD (type A only)
1.UNION (PV)

new visual:

7 Likes
7 Likes

Not terrible but I really wish they’d drop the shitty techno effects

3 Likes

Onwards, from this very day, I proclaim that aviators are forever forbidden.

Song is alright, but 5 minutes for this kind of track is quite long.

1 Like

I really had no hope for this song, after hearing like the first 45 seconds. Especially hate this orchestra like synth they needed to put in it.
but somehow they still were able to turn it in a acceptable direction with the actual refrain and verses.
But man, they are one of my favourite bands but they get like worse with any new release and the visuals get less interesting as well.
just hope this will be a phase.

2 Likes

It’s ok but still a huge stepback from Countdown, Gareki and Aztec

3 Likes

RAZOR loves playing with my heart. Capable of so much more so it hurts me when they don’t compose songs that demonstrate their full potential haha eff. Is this really the same band that gave us classics like Gimme Bukimi, Ajisai and Gareki?
Praying for some solid B-sides.

3 Likes

I quite like it. The orchestral hits sound kinda comical and am sure theyve used that chorus chord progression in at least 12 other songs now. But overall im digging it. :slight_smile: Hoping for some heavier b sides though. :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, my feeling as well. They’ve already shown us what they’re capable of, but they consistently underperform and the releases are hit and miss. I won’t give up on them though.

1 Like

Reminds me of what they did with the Nemurenu Aztec B sides which were very awful. I hope this releases b-sides are better or heavier. This song sounds im listening to razor trying to be lm.c for no reason.

Sounds more like a BORN B-side than a new RAZOR track.
I wonder if JESUS JESUS is a reworking of that song SPIDER SPIDER they’ve been playing live for years. It’s about time they recorded some of those, particularly さよなら.

2 Likes

Looooove Sayonara

1 Like

Anyone found the b-sides yet?

How come their look screams “cyberpunk 2077”?

2 Likes

This is a weird single a part of me wants to like it but another part is like um nah.

THE SIX MONSTER is my kind of B-Side. Big Jakuzure, ADEPT vibes. Honestly my favorite type of razor track.
JESUS JESUS is definitely more underwhelming. I don’t even remember how it went and I just finished listening to it less than 10 mins ago. But I guess there’s a market for those kinds of songs live

Would have loved if the six monster was the A-side, but doubtful their management would let them do that haha

1 Like

Available now on Spotify.