RAZOR new single "COUNTDOWN" release

RAZOR will release their new single “COUNTDOWN” at 2021/11/10 in two types.

TypeA
CD+DVD
1,950円(tax in)

CD
1.COUNTDOWN
2.ブルータルモダン (Brutal Modern)
DVD
1.COUNTDOWN

TypeB
CD
1,650円(tax in)

CD
1.COUNTDOWN
2.ブルータルモダン (Brutal Modern)
3.Teach me your world

9 Likes

“brutal modern” sounds like a bad ass palette name

1 Like

Well Razor is usually decent so am into this. That said, I need to revisit their last mini album, literally listened to it once and shelved it… oops. Haha.

I just found out about this new release through their Spotify so I rushed here to see what everyone thinks of their new single and I am surprised to see that no one is talking about it!! It’s beautiful! The chorus is just— I have no words. This has to be my favorite song from them.

Please do tell me your thoughts about this. I’m just so hyped that I have to get it out of my system. :joy:

2 Likes

It’s not available for me, anybody got some other link?

Im so excited, just recently discovered them and cant stop listening to their music.

1 Like

Here you go! Spreading the love for this amazing single!

7 Likes

It’s not really my jam but that being said I did enjoy the mix of Chinese and Japanese and the different vocal style Ryoga adopted, like those long low held notes. Not really a fan of the strings at the start (or the oscillating (?) guitar), but the ones at the end were a lovely way to conclude the song.

4 Likes
14 Likes

Actually Ryoga said on twitter that he asked Kouryu (who’s Chinese) to sing the parts in Chinese in the song :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I can’t stand their a-side single tracks, but this is so good, I can’t believe it’s RAZOR tbh

2 Likes

I’ll just wait till my CD arrives. But I always have faith in these guys so glad to hear they arent disappointing us all here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Razor has been a hit n miss with me, so I am glad about this MV/song it sounds super good. honestly really enjoyable to the point it could be on repeat

Who teached Kouryuu how to sing? It surely wasn’t Ryoga

… Ok joke aside, it’s a cool song, the Chinese took me off at first although i read about it before. It’s cool their are using what they have

Exactly that :point_up_2:

The MV is nice, just one thing… Is it just me, or is Ryogas smile at the end kinda creepy?

1 Like

First it was Tsurugi in Sennen no Shikisai and now Kouryu in COUNTDOWN— Who’s next? We know Iza can growl (based on his previous birthday lives) so hoping him and Nikky next? (´⌣`ʃƪ)

1 Like

My boi crush on Kouryu continues to grow exponentially <3

3 Likes

Available on streaming plateforms !

Maybe it will grow on me but i am not a fan of Countdown. Brutal Modern is cool, classic but well not bad. Teach me your world is by default the best one here imo.
Not their best single, a bit disappointed.

1 Like

I heavily dislike Brutal Modern, and Teach me your World is a slight step up with a more interesting riff. If given the choice to listen to one of the three, it would definitely be COUNTDOWN.

2 Likes

Get that mainland chinese money queens! Completely irrelevant musically but a fiscal slay.

Had some time to digest the release. Overall I like Countdown as a lead single but B-sides are usually where RAZOR tend to shine (eg. Jakuzure, Ajisai, Adept, Dimension, Give me Bukimi). Not the case this time lolol Brutal Modern feels like such a throwaway/filler track. I can understand its utility as a live track to get the crowd headbanging and moshing etc but it’s definitely in RAZOR’s worst 5 tracks. Teach me your world has me pretty torn haha it’s an okay song on its own but in the context of the rest of RAZOR’s discography it also feels pretty uninspired. Ryoga’s melodies during the prechorus are the best part of the song but it ultimately doesn’t lead anywhere satisfying. Plus he sang SUPER nasally this time (why? lmfao).

Overall: This is definitely their weakest single. Which hopefully isn’t a sentinel warning given they’re 5 years into being active. I’m stoked Kouryu seems to be composing more of the lead tracks. I actually only started listening to My Bacteria Heat Island (previous band) after I was blown away by his playing on Gareki. MBHI has really impressed me, especially their live only tracks. It’s almost jarring to see what he’s capable of and compare it to RAZOR’s more “tame” discography in comparison (I blame Tsurugi haha). I still love RAZOR, but am disappointed given they’ve proven that they can produce much better music. Still looking forward to more releases by them <3

4 Likes