Rides In ReVellion new digital single "モアザンワーズ" (MORE THAN WORDS) release

Rides In ReVellion will release a new digital single titled “モアザンワーズ” (MORE THAN WORDS) on 2023/03/06.

8 Likes

Dr.Shiyu (ex-SOLOMON (ソロモン-solomon-) → SOLOMON (ソロモン-solomon-), Screaming inside can kill. → Sokoninaru (そこに鳴る) (support) , FEST VAINQUEUR (support), Rides In ReVellion (support), SoNZAi. (support), & others) has also joined the band!

4 Likes

Woah! Finally!
He did a really great job so far, I awaited him to join. He deserves that! ^^

2 Likes

Any news when it will be available on iTunes or other streaming services?

2 Likes

it looks like it’s just the mv they released today, they haven’t announced the actual release date of the single tho

2 Likes

This song beats everything they released after 2019 album「Re:Vellion」

1 Like

Really? :frowning_with_open_mouth: I understand why some people feel they lost their edge after VEIN/ARTERY, since compositions with huge anticipation leading up to the chorus that slaps from 0-1000 isn’t there as much. If that’s your thing I totally understand, but I feel the reason they shifted is because they tried everything they wanted with that style of music.

I also can agree that there’s certain new songs I don’t like much compared to the early ones. But I appreciate how they’re adding nuance with every member getting to compose now, and focusing on other music elements than just a chorus that bangs to the max. Like Tsubaki’s 21g with the pitch-black worldview that reels one in with goosebumps, as well as Kuro’s super emotional Kegefumi and uniquely featuring R&B beats.

This song composed by Shiyu is yet another new step for them, and one that I’m glad you love so much!

2 Likes

Glad they’re still making music, but this is terrible. They completely lost their mojo after 2019’s album. But that’s just my opinion I suppose.

2 Likes

The reason I like RIR since the beginning is because they composed many songs following (tribute?) melodic metal era of X JAPAN (e.g. BLAZING HEART, 茜空, F.A.T.E., Seirios) and their heavy side style (e.g. -CHAIN- , SURRENDER, NEVER VANISHING BULLET HOLE, Flower), which to me they elevate 'n modernized their (X JAPAN) style.

Instead, from 2020 they changed their style to softer, pop rock, little bit of heavy sound (e.g. 警告, Pray, 21g) , If I have to go for these genres, I don’t have to listen to RIR, just personally like their heavy stuffs.

FALLING STAR is going back to their root, but not wow me enough, until モアザンワーズ , I have hopes for them again, and more guitar solos :heartpulse: in this track.

2 Likes

Yeah, similar boat here as someone who hasn’t listened to much RiR post-2019 except for Kagefumi (an excellent pop song), which is odd since I typically enjoy soft/pop-rock vk.

MORE THAN WORDS is pretty neato, though.

1 Like

their live DVD “7th HEAVEN -OSAKA MUSE-” will be released through Daiki Sound at 2023/04/07 (6600yen)

3 Likes

It has been released via:
iTunes: ‎Rides In ReVellionをApple Musicで
Deezer: https://www.deezer.com/us/album/414237257
OTOTOY: https://ototoy.jp/_/default/p/1575738

4 Likes

And on other music streaming platforms.
They’ve provided the link :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Pardon the late reply, but thank you so much for elaborating on your opinion. I always hear it from time to time that the older songs are preferred over their newer ones by certain fans, but I never had such a detailed explaination.That’s true, compared to the older days, they don’t have homage songs to X JAPAN. I’d say “STORY” was the last song that was like that? It seemed to give many listeners Art of Life vibes.

To add on to your point of the newer music being less heavy on average (which makes it more accessible for the average listener), I also feel like Kuro’s voice has gotten less and less… vkei? If that’s a phrase I’m allowed to say, lol. Which also started in 2020, but Keikoku was the first song where I thought “This music could fit right in to the jrock scene as a whole”.

I see that you just wanted them to continue evolving the melodic yet heavy style they already had, which I agree was amazing. But for me, despite some of their new jpop songs not being my favourites, as long as songs like Shiyu’s “MORE THAN WORDS” can continue adding variety to the band’s sound as a whole, I still prefer it. Because personally, I love RIR so much that I’d literally go to just them for as much genres as possible. :joy:
And as long as they still keep sprinkling the edgy vkei tunes here and there like with 21g and Juvenile, I’m especially satisfied. :blush:

2 Likes

Not sure if this deserves a new topic, at least not yet, but I just wanted to share that RIR is amidst the point of having many new songs on the horizon to be released.

Among one of them is titled “Allergy”. A non-vocal demo was first uploaded on their fanclub page, and now footage of the real deal was shown today:

This song was made whilst keeping the live setting strongly in mind. And also to me, feels reminiscent of some of their oldest works. It has this dark edge to it, and the way it builds up to the chorus feels full of anticipation in an alluring way, similar to what songs like -CHAIN-, Rosé, and Seirios had going for them.

3 Likes