Rides in ReVellion new single, "パーフェクト・ブルー" (Perfect Blue) release

Rides in ReVellion new single, “パーフェクト・ブルー” (Perfect Blue) will be released on 4/9

13 Likes

I am looking forward :star_struck:

2 Likes

For more info, TaJI said he completed the sound source for the song he’s contributing to Perfect Blue on his birthday, (Dec 19th). He said that the only other time this happened was back in 2015 for their most iconic song Eternal, AKA “Hey Jesus”. :eyes: Definitely something I’m also looking forward to!

Rides in ReVellion will be releasing their single “Perfect Blue” on April 9th.

It will be released with 3 types:

Type-A

1. Perfect Blue
    2.Awakening BRAVERY
    [DVD]

“Perfect Blue” Music Video + Making Video

Type-B

1. Perfect Blue
    2.Awakening BRAVERY

“Perfect Blue” Music Video + each member solo cut video

Type-C

1. Perfect Blue
    2.Re:birth
    3.RAIN(2024ver.)

There are 3 brand new songs all over, and a remake of RAIN. The songs are written upon the concepts of “conflict” and “melancholy”.

https://twitter.com/official_RIR/status/1763143221188944375?t=MhpvF0g0sD1BIavb-YIohw&s=19

4 Likes

The cover arts reveled!

パーフェクト・ブルー (PERFECT BLUE) [ Type A ]

パーフェクト・ブルー (PERFECT BLUE) [ Type B ]

パーフェクト・ブルー (PERFECT BLUE) [ Type C ]

4.09(火)発売
NEW SINGLE 「パーフェクト・ブルー」
ジャケット写真公開!

🔻詳細🔻https://t.co/36kHtGxm0K

◆リリースツアー開催!

4.12(金) HOLIDAY NEXT NAGOYA
4.19(金) 心斎橋soma
5.02(木) 渋谷近未来会館

🔻チケット発売中🔻https://t.co/DJkNOSaToz#ライリベ #RidesInReVellion pic.twitter.com/gCHRcR3hIY

— Rides In ReVellion (@official_RIR) March 8, 2024
5 Likes

those cover arts are beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Looks like they are going back to their beginning VK Dark era !! Really looking forward to it !

1 Like

For sure! From what we’ve heard of Awakening BRAVERY already, it sounds like a video game final boss music :joy:
http://twitter.com/official_RIR/status/1737444120229273690?t=MtOl7kv1rsz9bCdPozNrvw&s=19

3 Likes

Sounds great!!

1 Like

they keep saving this boring scene one release at a time

2 Likes

Rides In ReVellion: Exists as the best sounding current VK band. Super skilled lead guitarist, drummer, hype & diverse compositions, and a phenomenal vocalist with an actual normal voice that isn’t sounding like a yodeling rooster.

Most of the VK & J-rock community: …Doesn’t know they exist. Or care to listen? :smiling_face_with_tear:

Perfect Blue is an extremely fast pop-rock piece, beuatiful MV I love the subtle usage of twin vocals. I’m excited to see the lyric translation.

Awakening BRAVERY chorus:
譲れないもの一 (There’s just one thing I can never give up on)
それがどんなに小さくても (No matter how small it may be)

Always fills me with joy to see lines like these. They best hold their promise and continue activities as long as possible. :face_holding_back_tears:
The way the chorus is sung has this certain suave vibe that I’ve never heard before.

Re:birth is so unalike their other ballads, so I’m interested to see who composed it. Tsubaki? :flushed: It gives me that X JAPAN influence they originally had, with other songs like RAIN.

Speaking of, so happy to hear my favourite power metal piece RAIN gets a remake, after 8 years! :star_struck: They enhanced the composition so much. In the original’s vocal solo section, the piano kept shuffling between the same set of keys, but here they transition to the next verse more smoothly and play higher kinds of notes. The chorus going on pure blast is epic as always, best version of the song for sure!

6 Likes

The new single is available to streaming services, also to buy on OTOTOY

TuneCore

2 Likes

Ooohhhh looks like I’m going to put my Japanese iTunes account into use again

7 Likes

2 Likes

Perfect Blue is now their shortest vocal song, if only by a second or two. That’s a good and bad thing. Good because the quality is more condensed, but bad because I want more!

TaJI said he’s confident Perfect Blue is a song that will be loved by any VK fan, regardless of age or gender, and I think he’s right. I feel bad for thinking this was just going to sound like a pop piece, it sounds super hype & diverse.

0:00 - 0:08 - The song starts off with a female chant to give continuity to the MV and EP art. Then there’s a hint of the broken-ness of what’s to come in the song.

0:09 - 0:39 - The song then starting off strong with a chorus and quality guitar solo right away is nice.

0:40 - 0:54 - I love how speedy and catchy even the regular verse is!

0:55 - 1:00 - Those vortex-y guitar distortions to lead into the next chorus are amazing. They add to the anticipation, as if the guitars are being sucked into the impending chorus. The twin vocals in the chorus keep the song sounding more catchy.

1:27 - 1:54 - What a way to curveball the song by breaking apart the guitars suddenly and going all piano + R&B, for the second verse. It sounds so calming & fresh! Usually VK artists just tend to repeat what the last one sounded like.

The transition from whispering to yelling at 1:55-2:00 and that coarse vocal filter that appears for one line is so SLICK! The whole instrumental section at this part with the drums and guitars just sounds so… “broken” yet satisfying and meticulously composed. Also especially at 2:20-2:30.

2:31 - 3:00 The last chorus having an extension with new lyrics and instrumentation keeps it from sounding repetitive compared to the previous.

3:01 - 3:08 - Great way to end off the song with those guitar distortions coming back, and not fully resolving to be blocked by that tiny piano. It keeps giving the song a sense of never-ending yearning which matches the lyrics, and enhances the replay-desire factor so much.

I’d have to listen more and more over the weeks and months, but right now it’s my 3rd favourite song they’ve ever released, super solid.

3 Likes