Sadie - 迷彩 (2023 Ver.)

Premieres at 10:00 PM (JST).

16 Likes

It was so good :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Brilliant :smiling_face_with_tear: remake as many classic songs as you want <3 … or just, reforming would be so much appreciated lol

1 Like

I haven’t keep up with the Thirteen since eons ago and honestly Mao’s cleans sounds less Kyo and more akin to a newer vk vocalist (and honestly, the autotune is quite grating) but his screams tho… Does he also scream like this in the newer the Thirteen records? Cause if it is, damn… talk about a massive improvement. Also, can we appreciate the new guitar fills as well? It finally sounds like a complete song for once, Something i wasn’t feel in the previous two versions.

1 Like

Yes he screams similar to this in The Thirteen

1 Like

Wow mao sounds so much better without the filters he usually has in thirteen or frantic emiry

In my honest opinion he improved vocally a lot in Sadie from late 2000s to 2015 compared to their early works. I still love the old voice up to now regardless but I do agree he has evolved tremendously even looking at the thirteen. Peak vocals for him in my opinion was in The thirteen with their EP release “ALONE”. Moving into Sadie with this knowledge I think if they do a revival we will see prob this same vocal power regardless. If we see new music or re-recordings. Both will sound very amazing.

2 Likes

Jesus, color me impressed. Im hoping this isn’t just a one off.

DAMN that was fucking incredible

This song has been remade twice now and the original version is still better.

4 Likes

they look really good on camera.

that’s about it

Great retake, but it’s really too polished for me. It losts all its intensity, violence and, above all, identity.

2 Likes

Nostalgia aside, the song is pretty bad.

It’s also kinda funny seeing the band ditch their Dir en grey cosplay except the bassist and drummer.

the original source by girugamesh is even better lbr

I imagine Ryo would be pretty amused on the inside while mixing it

6 Likes

It’s very polished. Like others said, maybe too much. But as a comeback, I think it’s a solid take on a classic. Not my preferred remake choice, but it’s definitely far better than their last album Gangsta. So a step up in my book!

1 Like

Like I guess it’s Ryo trackmaker who did the sound. As usual it’s too produce, too clean. I’m glad i’m not only one who notice this.

Positive comments I can make : they added some layers of guitars, changing subtely the arrangment and it works very well. Well done. It seems like there is an acoustic guitar during the pre-chorus, beautiful.
The video is also really nice. I don’t usually like visual effects, I often feel it’s overused to hide something, but here it’s a good amount.

2 Likes

i could actually cry it’s beautiful

2 Likes

I guess this one hits differently depending on the nostalgia factor, but I love it. The sound is much cleaner, the vocals are improved drastically, and yet it’s still clearly a product of its time - not the kind of song we’d see come out of modern VK. The only thing I don’t dig is the final bar of the bridge, where all the instruments previously fell in with the drum beat which was much more impactful.

And as is often forgotten in the case of re-recordings - the original still exists, so if you don’t like the new take then go listen to that one!

Edit: Also, I know Mao’s English pronunciation has always been terrible but has ‘indefinable evanescent life’ been changed to ‘indefinable nascent life’?

2 Likes

If they were gonna put that much effort into it I wish they would just release a new Single

Like I said I never really enjoyed Meisai… until now. Cleaner, better voice, a nice bridge.
Congrats Sadie, nice comeback. Hope they’ll release something new soon, with this level of quality.

1 Like