Sadie - THE REVIVAL OF SADNESS

Previews of the album.

10 Likes

Thank you! Sounds amazing

It’s great /nostalgia release <3 looking forward to get the digital version.

1 Like

i got you boo :kissing_heart: /lh /j

2 Likes

Very nice, not too far away from originals and fresh enough.
I like that they kept « check mate » chorus on GTDS, it was absent in some version ^^

1 Like

It’s on the wrong page on Spotify :upside_down_face: but it’s freakin amazing. Love it, so nostalgic but fresh.

I never noticed how similar “Mousou Higyaku Seiheki” is to DIR EN GREY’s “CHILD PREY” lol

Sounds basically how I expected it to sound. As far as re-recordings go these are good, better than DEG’s but worse than MUCC’s.

1 Like

Did they change the lyrics to 妄想被虐性癖 or am I tripping? They fucking butchered this song. What’s with that weird ass filter they put on it? Yikes.

GRUDGE OF SORROW & サイレントイヴ are the only rerecordings it his album better than the original. For the rest, just keep listening to the OGs. My issue is with the clean vocals. Mao just used to sing better back in the day when his voice was deeper…
In terms of arrangement, however, all songs, execept for 妄想被虐性癖 are better than the originals. They are more complex and have lots of synth and new touches here and there. A good example is a holy terrors.
Soundtrack is fire, tough. Missing a few bangers, but overall this is indeed most of their best songs

Did we listen to the same LP?

I really like the remake album after listening to it for the first time. The songs sound modern and fresh at the same time, but still have a nostalgic factor (in contrast to the remakes on bleach).
What I particularly like is the drum and bass mix (the little bass solo in MAD-ROID :hot_face:), which you can hear very well in contrast to the originals. The drum kicks give the songs a depth that sounds very good.

Highlights so far:

Crimson Tear (the intro with the choir slaps!)
心眼
サイレントイヴ (damn)

All in all, they could have released a jazz album after all this time and I would have been hyped. So welcome back Sadie - please stay!

4 Likes

My album is currently on the way. I can hardly wait :L

I’m currently listening to the album on youtube.

…I don’t know, maybe I’m alone in this case but I cannot listen to this from begin to the end. It’s just too overcompress but as usual with Ryo. Nothing surprising. It’s lacking air. Makes me want to breath. Maybe i’m just getting old it’s time to retire

1 Like

Well what can I say… I’m disappointed. Of course Mao worked on his vocals since DRESS and constantly improved his level, THE THIRTEEN showed this. but I don’t understand what he lacked to record this work: in places he sounds suppressed, in places he hides it under ridiculous backing, as if he is “protecting” it. there is no previous strain and flight, something went wrong. There are no questions for the other guys, everyone has grown in their skills and the mix sounds divine. KEI - special respect. I would be glad if there were craftsmen who added Mao’s vocals from old collections to the new mix. In any case, I’m glad that the five are assembled and I’m looking forward to new songs.

This is a reoccurring problem through Sadie’s catalog.

6 Likes

The snare drum sounds awful.

I personally never understood this comparison. At least before Rosario, I never even once thought they really sounded like Dir en grey. I always thought people were drawing that conclusion because Mao was rockin a Kyo hairstyle similar to his 2005-2007 US tour days.

3 Likes

There were several times I heard Sadie tracks and thought "Oh, these guys are very inspired by DeG. Then there were tracks that I was like “oh, wow, that’s just rip off of ‘X’ DeG track.” And I came to that conclusion before ever hearing what other people thought of them.
Still, I was always fan. One of the first jrock bands I discovered on my own. It’s fun to hear them revisit some of these tracks after so many years. I’ll pick up the digital copy when they land.

3 Likes

Back in 2008 people said this about literally every band. Sadie, UnsraW,…
It’s not that they’re copying other bands, it’s just that vk is not the most innovative genre lol

It’s especially obvious on Madrigal de Maria. Off the top of my head there are songs that just straight up sound like “Toguro” and “Ware, Yami Tote”. The album starts with what sounds like the opening to “The Blossoming Beelzebub”.

This isn’t to say that DEG is innocent. There was a point where they were clearly pulling from Luna Sea’s catalog.

4 Likes