Self intro~

I’ve been lurking the form for the past month so I decided to finally join.
Anyways, I’m 18 years old (soon to be ~19~), from the north east of “sunny” Scotland and I’ve actively been into vkei for the past 4 years.
I guess I should share my discovery of vkei story now…So I’ve known about it for the past 10 years from hearing about Dir en grey in a video, so child me ended up watching the obscure pv…and yeah that’s it. Kinda wish baby me had enough brain cells to look for more but I slowly listened to more dir as I got older and then I made the decision to actually get into them + others a few years ago now.
Here’s my faves at the moment: Dir en grey, Kagerou, GazettE, Pierrot, Dué le quartz, kaneto juusei, deviloof, jiluka, Alice nine and manyyyy more

15 Likes

Welcome and enjoy your stay ◟(๑•͈ᴗ•͈)◞

1 Like

Welcome! Enjoy your stay here!

1 Like

Hey, welcome! I’m in Scotland too, nice to see someone else from up here!

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the forum! :tada: I hope you enjoy your stay here :grin:
Btw, you have a very nice music taste :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks! Refreshing to see somebody up here considering there’s very few of us.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Watching the Obscure pv as a child was also what initiated my love of Dir En Grey (and years later vkei in general), definitely a great video for getting people into vkei.

Anyways, welcome!

1 Like

Ahh I know right! It was shortly followed by Saku then a few years later i came across ash and was confused because it was quite different. Then when I was about 14/15 I found sangeki no yoru and child prey so I went between those 5 until I made the plunge at 16 and dedicated myself to them and had a huge mana/malice mizer + mdm moment.

What kind of trauma have you two @MorteSilenz and @c4n03 have gone through to think obscure is a good entry into dir en grey as a KID? :eyes:

Eitherway…

Welcome to the forum :wave:

1 Like

Thanks! And uhhhh I don’t know, I watched a lot of horror movies and I listened to a bunch of slipknot n Marilyn Manson growing up so it didn’t even phase me when I saw it…probably wouldn’t recommend a innocent golden child to watch it these days lmaooooo.

1 Like

I didn’t really have any trauma but I remember having really bad insomnia when I was very young so when I had to go to bed I would just have to lay there in the dark with only my thoughts until morning, since time moves slower the younger you are it would always feel like forever. Eventually when i got older I was able to find ways to entertain myself without getting caught but I have memories of being in a crib unable to get out and even before that my mom told me that even as a baby I would just be awake at night and often kept her up.

So all those hours that most kids spent sleeping I spent overthinking everything and reflecting on life, actually I don’t really feel like typing much more basically it just boils down to I’ve liked edgy shit from a very young age because reasons.

2 Likes

Welcome and enjoy your stay youngling

1 Like

Hey there, welcome! Cool taste~ :slight_smile:

1 Like