Share some animated/mixed MVs!

I don’t think my repertoire of animated MVs is too extensive, so give us some creative stuff you’ve found. They definitely give a nice break from bland white-room faux rehearsal MVs.
This one’s real interesting:

1 Like

Cool thread idea!

I was actually also thinking of DEZERT, but a different video. Even if their more recent releases are not really my thing, I can’t help but love this music vid, some very minimalistic but effective animation:

As soon as I read the title, X JAPAN’s Rusty Nail came to mind, a classic video both in terms of song and visuals made in collaboration with manga/anime powerhouse CLAMP:

Finally, I’ve always been very fond of the video for MARIONETTE by BOOWY. Produced by Gainax!

2 Likes

It’s not the world’s most beautiful piece of animation, but it really does capture the awkward emo energy Kosei gave off around the time.

2 Likes

Vocaloid is full of good animated PVs

1 Like
5 Likes

ZigZag sakura sakura
the animations is a lot repeated movement, but accounting that mikoto made the musicvideo apparently all by himself, thats quite impressive

I am not sure JRock wise, but VK wise i am quite sure that animated MVs are probably too expensive for most bands.

6 Likes

Not sure if it counts, but I instantly thought of this one, as there’s a mix between the band footage and some animation!

3 Likes

This classic

2 Likes

Starts 3:44. It’s a masterclass. Thanks to @Enki for helping me to find it

2 Likes