Shibuya venues partner with Spotify, changes names

Spotify has partnered up with various Shibuya venues and their names will be changed to reflect the partnership starting on December 1 (ex. Spotify O-EAST, Spotify O-WEST, Spotify O-Crest, Spotify O-Nest, a real weird business move)

It’s also noted that Spotify will offer special services to premium members and publish the setlists of the day as a playlist to better link livehouses with technology, which sounds like a really cool idea.

9 Likes

Now if only spotify could save AREA…

8 Likes

AREA’s going because the building is literally crumbling to pieces and needs to be torn down.

4 Likes

oh god, this is somehow worse than those venues actually closing… spotify is the devil @_@

1 Like

AREA is going nowhere. Where else are the nobody cares and popular bands are gonna play together? Cyber? I don’t want Maria slipping me a xan with my drink.

I can’t wait for our hysterical visual darlings to bless the rebranded space with their presence

『醜いの歌 — the day I fuck your parents — PARA:PHYLIA — tour final @ spotify O-WEST 』 sounds hot :hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::fire::fire::fire:

4 Likes

Are you talking about Ikebukuro Cyber? That place closed forever ago, lol.

1 Like

LMAO no wonder I haven’t heard of no one care bands in a long time. Haven’t been overseas in 2 years since covid.