shit u did as a teenager or still do to imitate bandmen

Dude you look amazing, love your septum.

I was wondering when people would start posting pictures here lol I’m considering posting some cringe from the past but maybe not yet.

4 Likes

I mean this should be the essence of the post

see what I did there?

3 Likes

i’d like to hold all five members of The Gallo responsible for me learning these handposes

this is where i’d post a second picture of me having grown out of my vkei phase, but that…hasn’t happened yet

8 Likes

Oh, gosh that was really something. I think there are a lot that seem to vape, so it feels like its less smokers but somehow its not. Tbh i am not sure
But yeah i did smoke before i got into vk, but the smoking still felt edgy and vk like for me.
I quit too, like 7 years ago or so.

I do remember going to the hairdresser actually with a photo of Kai to get the same haircut as him. Which was the only time i went to the hairdresser for 6 years that i lived alone, usually i would cut my hair by myself.

Otherwise, i remember sewing chains and studs to my clothes. At anime-vk meetings i would style my hair high up to look vk. I had the same drawings like ruki over my neck. Sure heavy makeup too.
Oh, and i had shaved off eyebrows.
I cringe too much if i look at some older photos of myself, there is also good stuff. Like that time i did dye my hair one side black, one side red. At that time i was edgy, vk-like, nowadays that style seems to be common.

Well nowadays, i don’t really care anymore. I still wear those two bandshirts i have (despairsray and lmc) Otherwise i don’t know, In egypt i might be edgy because i am more boyish often than “lady-like”. Not sure how exactly to explain it.

3 Likes

grew out my hair as long as kami’s
also really wanted to shave off my flawless brows in 6th grade

5 Likes

when I was around 14 I started to attempt imitating visual kei haircuts and makeup… im 21 now and not much has changed I pretty much still am often inspired by visual kei bands with my look, although I did go through a phase before where I kinda drifted away from the look and started to look more 80s glam rock…since thats pretty much my other love but ever since september I been full on visual kei inspired again lol.

4 Likes

It’s all fun and games when gackt does it
But when I do it the police gotta get involved

3 Likes

:eyes: bro what

2 Likes

i’ve never outright imitated a bandman but coming out of my shell and being vocal about liking vkei has made me confident to try makeup and stuff.

although… i did buy this cute hood just because one of my honmei has the same one, i wasn’t even looking for it but i found it and when i saw it was the same i bought it lol

4 Likes

Closest I got to imitating someone (Kyo), was when I ate while taking a shower.

5 Likes

I like weeaboo fashion, honestly

My wardrobe is a whole tokyokawaiilife shopping spree (I don’t go around wearing plaid pleated skirts or lolita petticoats but I own too many jbrands for someone who’s always been more gyaru wannabe than lolita lol.) and I still have some Kera magazines lying around

I never had a proper VK phase, though. The boldest thing I did during my “teenage vk phase” was framing my face with blue strands (a bad idea as I am allergic) and wearing lowkey weeaboo fashion. I loved Hitsugi’s lip piercings and part of me wanted to try it eventually but I don’t like getting things pierced and honestly my job isn’t that bad so it ended there. Was never interested in alcohol or drugs so shrug

2 Likes

I tried learning the move where they sling the guitar over their shoulder, and uhh yeah just as quickly stopped. Now i just try my best to dress like 京(gulu gulu) ig

2 Likes

While I listened to a few vk bands throughout my teens such as Dir En Grey, Blood, Moi Dix Mois, and D’espairsRay it was only recently(past year or 2) that I got really into vk and started listening to and following a ton of vk bands, so their influence on my teen self was minimal but I do remember always wishing I had hair like theirs because mine was so thin, and that when I pictured in my head what my ‘ideal’ self would look like it looked just like someone that would be in a vk band.

I frequently painted my nails black and even wore black lipstick/eyeliner a few times and as soon as I by chance found a store that sold colored contacts I started wearing white or black ones. I loved when I saw bands use blood/gorey make up as well and would somewhat imitate it by cutting words or symbols in my arms. Unfortunately I never was able to look how I wanted due to not putting in the time or effort it would’ve required because I couldn’t stand looking at myself for very long and would just end up getting frustrated and full of petty useless self hatred. Not trying to be a downer though, don’t worry I don’t get like that anymore.

Oh I also had a pretty cool jacket at one point with spikes/chains all over it, which just reminded me of how when I was in middle school I kept having to buy new spike bracelets because the school kept confiscating them from me lolol.

4 Likes

I still occasionally do this weird thing Kirito did a lot circa 2000

2 Likes

I’ve become a host.

2 Likes