Short-lived Visual Kei Bands

Short-lived Visual Kei bands: 95% of vk bands to ever exist.

On a serious note, a few I’ll name will be:

Shëdde (~9 months).

CYNICAL BISCUIT can be considered an extension of the band who appeared on two omnibus considering 4 of the members went on to form that band I guess. This was back when Aoi was a kote boi, before moving onto MASK and ayabie. Not that either of those latter bands aren’t good, however hearing aoi with this style it’s certainly a shame they weren’t around longer.

K@mikaze (~18 months)

Former orivia vocalist took a change in approach for this more punk-sounding band, however to no surprise (sadly) they didn’t last too long. Best know by me for their adorable CD covers featuring cats.

S to M (~6 months, though featured in a few omnibus after disbandment)

One could consider this the LOOP ASH “superband” of the time given the members involved in the project, with label-owner Michiru himself included. Saya sounding like a knock-off Toshi with some melodic art-kei-esque intstrumentals, what is not to love?

5 Likes

レヴェリー (Reverie) (1 month).

REVERIE is the first known band of the famous vocalist Miku (An Cafe). The guitarist and songwriter was Ayapi, from the all-female visual kei indie band Kaidan Light. Despite their short existence, they released a single.

4 Likes

THANK YOU

Some more:

ALPHA OMEGA:

Astaroth:

Black Sirene:

Blood Squall:

BUK BUK:

DEGENE:

Dokuga:

dystopia:

GAGA:

Ganmi:

GLIM GARDO:

Gregory:

Meary:

MoЯGuE:

Noulla:

Veriel:

XALTEA:

XELL:

「xxx」is D£AD:

4 Likes

Ahhh, how could I have forgotten Gregory?? Br00tal kei trailblazing legends. :pensive: :broken_heart:

1 Like

I like tosinn a lot, nigu from cocklobin’s old band… they released 3 singles then disbanded in 2004

tosinn

my favourite song of theirs is called “buffer of butter” lol

3 Likes

they have three members from Ryo’s band Galruda which also was sadly very short lasting

ANSIFLE (November 2021~January 2023) (formal activities)
Putting this here because it’s kinda too late to post it as news, but ANSIFLE recently disbanded a few months ago. Starting off as session band O-MooN in 2019, the band would eventually evolve into its more recent form in 2021 and release a series of digital singles throughout 2022. Their lineup would change in September 2022 when drummer Coma Ouma left the band to pursue other projects. A few months later, ANSIFLE would announce their disbandment as vocalist Izumi Sakatsuki’s family matters made it difficult for him to continue activities. They released their first and last album, “FLASH BACK” at their last oneman live on January 23, and it also had a limited release on their webshop from that date up until February 28.

2 Likes