SPLENDID GOD GIRAFFE

Since I am going to a live of these guys I thought they deserve an artist thread :smiley:

Members are:

Vocal: Shuto (秀人)
De’alm on drums as Natsume (棗) → LEZARD as natsume → SPLENDID GOD GIRAFFE on vocals as Shuto (秀人)

Guitar: Kousuke (公佑)
ZARA on bass → DEUSE on guitar → gossip → Administrator → LEZARD , ZENSAI BOYS → SPLENDID GOD GIRAFFE

Bass: TACC
Pawn as Takuya (卓也) → gossip → Administrator → LEZARD as TACC → SPLENDID GOD GIRAFFE

All three have been members of LEZARD.
They use various support drummers at the moment.
Intrestingly this seems to be the first time Shuto is the vocalist. He was drummer in his former Bands.
They formed in 2020 as session band Kirin Daisakusen G (麒麟大作戦G) but had no vocalist and used support vocalists until they changed to formal band in April 2022.

I can’t wait to buy merch with this fantastic band name on it.

Do like their music or at least their band name?

4 Likes

I think I checked them out on my hunt for new music. Their name is definitely memorable! I guess their music was okay for me but not outstandig enough to remember from the top of my head. :thinking: I’ll eventually give them a second try though. I wonder if there is a specific reason why they chose that name.

1 Like

They seem promising! I love “DIRTY HONEY” and “ISOLATION” since the first time I heard them.

I am not a big fan of having my phone out at concerts much so only a few pictures from their 2nd Anniversary Final at Shibuya Rex on 29.04.2024 (also I was very occupied with getting the parapara right x___x)

3 Likes

Have been passively following them since they chose SGG as their name. Funny enough, it wasn’t their name that attracted me, but the fact that I heard Shuto sing a single line in a LEZARD song, and wanted more. Not all of their songs hit for me, but I like what they’ve got going on. Holding out for a time I can also support them monetarily.

1 Like

“Splendid God Giraffee” They’re talking about Geoffrey… (Me thinks)

Maybe its just me but i really love their band name.
If i were to ask someone what’s your favorite band and that person say SPLENDID GOD GIRAFFE.
my goodness, Kakoi!
Really cool name.

1 Like

REBIRTH was one of my favorite albums for 2023. I’ve been following Kousuke and TACC since the Administrator days, and you can still hear that musical DNA in their latest band. Shuto is a great vocalist, to boot.

1 Like