Thai Experimental Rock Band wants to know what label we should sign - please advice

Hi
We are F*NG [Fung] - a Thai experimental rock band singing in English and Thai. We are looking to sign with a Japanese label, and we would very much like to get some advice from you guys here on the forum.

There are NO Thai labels who can market anything outside of Thailand, so we believe our best shot is to go to a Japanese company. We have some ideas about European labels but it is closer and easier for us to work with Japan than with Europe.

We are sorry but we can’t publlish any songs for you just yet, as we want to keep them reserved for the label to publish, but when the time comes we will be happy to share what we do with all of you.

:pray: :heart_on_fire:

3 Likes

I’m not sure myself, but maybe some other musicians here could help.

@rsm_rain @Ghostpepper y’all got anything?

I am curious, why don’t you publish your music?
Most bands ended up with labels, after a label noticed them and their music, I haven’t heard it a lot the other way around.

Also depending on your music, you might be better off with a label that is not japanese. But Rock isn’t fully my area for that knowledge

Unfortunately all i know is about US music & business - and i know just enough to know different countries’ systems are too different for me to talk about

In the US, you’re usually meant to have a followerbase, discog, and daily interactions before a label will talk to you, but that doesn’t mean it’s not the same elsewhere

Best of luck tho, hope you come back to link us your tracks once you get signed!