The 3rd Birthday

Posting a bit of an underrated band in my opinion. The 3rd Birthday was a band that was picked up by Double River Records. This is the same company that has bands NETH PRIERE CAIN, I.D.A and 麗麗-reirei-. The band has an interesting style that is a bit hard to explain. A little reminiscent of the late works of 12012 material but done very much in their own way. The vocalist L formed a band called Amber Bullet which was the previous band to this. They had a bit of a similar style as this band but The 3rd Birthday having improved vocals. They even re-recorded some amber bullet songs making them more refined and better. Vocalist L now is apart of his solo project called MEME. I’ll post some videos below for those interested

Vocalist: L
MASQUERADE (マスカレイド) as Yui (唯) → Marely (メアリー) → Magical Specter→ Amber Bullet as ELL → The 3rd Birthday as L → BALALAIKA (バラライカ) → MEME

Guitarist: FOLIE (フォリィ)
Ruri (流離~るり~) → Miss☆Tea☆Blue support , Hemmingway → Miss☆Tea☆Blue , Hemmingway → The 3rd Birthday → unknown

Guitarist: Yu-chi-
SIX-R as Yu (裕) → The 3rd Birthday as Yu-chi- → unknown

Bassist: Tomoya (智也)
ABNORMAL VOLTAGE → The 3rd Birthday → BALALAIKA (バラライカ) → unknown

Support members:

Support Guitarist: YUDAI
Lostthing of memory → BLACK LINE → The 3rd Birthday support → BALALAIKA (バラライカ) → G.L.A.M.S , Takayuki Arai (新井 崇之) (support) , Noroimico (のろゐみこ) (support)

Support Drummer: Hamagiri Hirosuke (濱桐広輔)
Illweeds from machida , → Kousuke with Various Artist → BALALAIKA (バラライカ) → gulu gulu

Support Guitarist: Chisato
GLEIVE → LAPiS LiGHT → JENOVA as Chisato

Support Guitarist: KAZ
Virus Garage → VII-Sense → Grenzen der Traum , Virus Garage , KAZ Solo Project , → Virus Garage , KAZ Solo Project → GENGAH. , → GENGAH. , chariots , → chariots → GENGAH.

Support Guitarist: NAGI (ナギ)
→ S.O.L.I.D as Nagi (凪) → Hueye as Kururu

Support Drummer: Shu (愁)
Couronne D’epines → Necromance as syuu (愁) → Miss☆Tea☆Blue (support)→ Miss☆Tea☆Blue → betray → The 3rd Birthday support → unknown

Support Drummer: Meru (メル)
ISK/M on bass → ISK/M on drums → ISK;M → Lustknot. (support) , The 3rd Birthday (support)→ Unknown

4 Likes

Always wondered how they never got sued by Square Enix for using the same name and spelling as their game from 2010.

1 Like

LOL. I mean games and music are different media. Unsure about the Japanese laws but the game came out really late in 2010 the band formed in 2011 but it’s unknown when that year they formed. Could have been a month or even a couple weeks after the game was released who knows. :sweat_smile:

I love this band and I love L! His voice is one of my favorites in vk.

1 Like