the GazettE new song "BLINDING HOPE" and new album "MASS" release

Gazette released one album with a bunch of edgy one word track titles and no ballad and all of a sudden they were the darkest band that ever was.

3 Likes

I think if you liked NINTH you will like this one.
I got into the GazettE around the time they’ve released NINTH. It was my first album by them.
While I don’t dislike any of the songs on the MASS, it has one underlying flaw. It’s familiarity is it’s downfall.

I kind of wrote review on it under this YouTube video
It is not very good review since it’s the first time I tried something like this

2 Likes

For a band that put out something like DIM, this is kind of sad :cry:

Am i the only one that listen to the songs and forget how they were?

4 Likes

When you talk about the Gazette, all the haters come out to talk about it. I personally love this album and its heavy sound … his albums: division, dogma, ninth and mass are my favorites

6 Likes

Why is criticism always considered “hate”?

It’s not even like the album is bad, it’s just Gazette has done this before and they’ve done it better. It’s disappointing, especially considering they went quiet for like two years and came back with more of the same.

10 Likes

I feel like the dictator Ruki narrative is tricky one to keep pushing now, especially when Beautiful Deformity, DOGMA, and NINTH showed more variety. The band seems to be in better spirits these days since there’s been more contributions. I wonder if for MASS, it was a collective decision to have it be more Ruki driven. Maybe Uruha, Reita and Aoi didn’t have more to contribute outside or their one or 2 songs.

It happens.

Far from hate, the GazettE (Or Gazettão as i call them here in Brazil) is one of my favourite visual kei, and in general, bands ever!

The album sounds like leftovers from ninth (And i like ninth)

So, yeah, i’am just sad…

1 Like

Why did they stop releasing singles between albums?

At least they were able to put out the better leftover song from previous albums like with Ugly and Undying, but now they just wrote another album around them.

2 Likes

“MASS” ranks #1 on the iTunes album chart in 8 countries.
Chile / Brazil / Finland / Hong Kong / Singapore / Taiwan / Thailand / Malaysia

5 Likes

Gazette be like, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” :joy:

These boyz got them a certified product at this point! Ruki droppin albums on yall STRAIGHT off the assembly-line! :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

I feel compelled to comment on the “is criticism hate” debate only because I think with more massively popular bands, people are more inclined to say wildly negative things about the work that these bands put out. I know the GazettE and Dir en grey are always victims to this. I think the critiques of this album are valid, I think they could’ve done better despite it being a decent piece of work, but some of the commentary in this thread is like, objectively “hate” and somewhat extreme and not helpful. That’s just my $0.02 though.

6 Likes

7 songs deep into the album, does it get any better or is this all they really have to offer anymore lol

1 Like

I agree.

People that think criticism = “hate” probably need to reevaluate their perspective…or just grow some nuts and stop being so damn sensitive. Lighten up a bit, sheEEEEEesh! :joy:

At the end of the day, comments from random strangers on the internet (be they positive, negative, or even hateful) should have no bearing on your enjoyment of this album or any other.

Different people like and dislike things for a reason. I say be confident in your opinion - whatever it may be!

Subjectivity is what makes music beautiful! :muscle:t6: :+1:t6:

6 Likes

I agree with you ^^ I was so afraid to say my thoughts on the current gazette because of what happened on facebook and people jumping on me for not liking Dogma. It’s a matter of taste, and I don’t like it. I loved more the stuff they did before, it had more variety. To me, it’s just sound all the same. I must admit I only listen to a few song off the new album, and I knew I couldn’t listen any longer. I’m trying very hard to like their new music, but it isn’t just my taste anymore. It used to be in my top 3 bands, they found their sound, so good for them, good for people liking their music. It’s just, why can’t we just say our opinion even if it’s negative towards a band that is so popular and people here tend not to accept negative opinions because it’s their favorite band and can’t accept that sometimes they don’t make good music. Anywayz lol, just my opinion, don’t mind me :smiley:

1 Like

What we can all agree on is that their (his :face_with_hand_over_mouth: ) creative process is getting stale, uninspired, repetitive. I do like most of the album, and I’m still analyzing it so eventually it will grow on me even more, but one can’t pretend this is revolutionary… cause it is not. Here’s to hope that the next album will completely flip tables like they did with DOGMA.

3 Likes

I guess if I was like 12 years younger and this was my first time listening to VK then I’d probably love MASS, but at this point I’m old and grumpy and honestly found it a chore to listen through. Everything on the album’s been done before, much better, and for many years now.

On the flip side, I recognise that bands have to keep churning out material to keep the income rolling in, and it’s pretty hard to keep the artistic inspiration going to sound new and fresh so long into your career, so I’m not going to be super critical of them either.

It’s cool some people are still enjoying it, at least.

2 Likes

Then do fricking singles with some extra stuff, goddammit. But nope, we’ve got just a new album.

Basically, Ruki composed all songs except 2.
HOLD has originally been composed by Kai, then Aoi, Uruha, Reita and Kai worked on it.
FRENZY has been composed by Uruha, then Aoi, Uruha, Reita and Kai worked on it.
But even for these 2, Ruki was still saying them “do like this, it would be better like that”, etc…
(From their interview in R&R and Club Zy)

4 Likes

I remember a period Aoi was saying he is always composing new songs. It’s crazy there is not even one from him ;0

I feel like Aoi has the most wasted potential and it didn’t surprise me to learn that he considered leaving the band. Over the last five years Grudge and Utsusemi have been highlights for me, and Yoin is top three Gazette songs easily.

5 Likes