the GazettE new song "BLINDING HOPE" and new album "MASS" release

Well, I haven’t seen too many positive responses to BD myself so that is what I figured. Ah you don’t like Division? I quite like that album, Gabriel on the Gallows is a track I like a LOT.

Beautiful Deformity is my second favorite album but I know that a lot of people disliked it. I liked the variety on it. I know it’s probably sacrilegious but I didn’t like Disorder. It felt like their sound wasn’t really polished back then. I do enjoy their EPs from back then though. And do you mean outro? The intro of Beautiful Deformity is Malformed Box.

2 Likes

Division is better in the two disc format. The single disc version is awful because the rearranged track list makes no sense.

2 Likes

lmao I totally got it wrong cause not only their albums dont necessarily have outros but they all have intros and Malformed box is kinda forgettable which would actually make the point of their intros being meh even stronger. But me liking CODA is not the only one of the reason I love it anyways, I guess what I like in an album more than anything is being consistently good, like having at least 5 tracks I really enjoy rather 2 very good and the rest just okay and BD definetely has that with Inside Beast, Until it burns Out, Redo, Loss (my fav in the album), that stupid insect and To Dazzling Darkness, all that while Division only had my attention to Kago no Sanagi, Ibitsu and Kagefumi

3 Likes

I definitely get what you mean and it’s nice to see someone who shares a similar opinion about one of my favorite albums. Beautiful Deformity had some really strong tracks and very few mediocre ones. Even though as an album it doesn’t have the cohesiveness of Dim or Dogma, it’s carried by the quality of its songs for me. To Dazzling Darkness and Loss were amazing. To me it feels like more recent albums have a strong beginning, strong middle, or strong ending but don’t have that consistency in quality throughout which Beautiful Deformity managed to achieve.

3 Likes

that interview with Aoi was intresting to read, intresting how they worked on the album , allthou it sounds it was very lonly-ish. like everyone apart from echother.

1 Like

Yeah, the mention of them not having a solid theme for the album may be why so many feel it has fallen short.

Even though it has something like a theme … or rather vision. Don’t know how to call since I don’t care much about it.
That’s why it’s been more or less Ruki writing all the songs because the others said he has that vision (or whatever) and can realize that best.

It’s short though even though in total less than one minute shorter than NINTH was so the overall playtime ain’t that much shorter than before. Doesn’t mean I like it, just a fact.

I still didn’t fully come to terms with the album but I think even though a new album was due somehow they should have taken more time.

All details about the online event for foreigners have been posted

2 Likes

For once I tried pre ordering an album on amazon, they posted a June 4th shipping date which was okay. Weeks later the item never shipped and now has NO date available, even though buying it now has normal estimated shipping dates like it’s in stock and all. Sadly, by the time it had been out this long I was perfectly happy to just cancel and forget it lol

Oh and to add to the “worst since…” subject, I also now find that BD is more worth going back to for 2 minutes than this. In fact, despite not considering any of these songs bad, Idk if there is any GazettE album quite as bland as this. (and yes I am remembering all of them loll)

Based on the Aoi interview material, yeah I hope that the circumstances are at least partly to blame this time

4 Likes

i found it a bit intresting (funny) that they never used the dropbox they had set up ^^. it it also made me think …they should know each other well by now not to feel shy posting stuff… but mabye they are used to working more…in front of each other i guess.
Would have love to see them try zooming XDDD

Haha, I hate being in anything like phone calls including video and all that so much that I didn’t do anything the like until my Japanese lesson switched to online lessons and so far that’s the only thing I did that way. I’d try not to do anything that includes me in video format as long as I can, too.
But of course I don’t know, if they feel as awkward as I do by that.

1 Like