the GazettE new song "BLINDING HOPE" and new album "MASS" release

It definitely sounds similar to Ninth, but you can also hear the experimenting they’re doing!
It feels fresh

I can dig the previews. Some of the heavier tracks are a bit brief to judge but the lighter ones sound very promising. They’ll probably be great live anyway. Also LAST SONG is a banger.

1 Like

6th song’s name should translate to “mud”

Anyways, I’m already in love with Blinding Hope and the album preview is cool! Nox and Last Song are the ones I look forward to the most ~

1 Like

Technically it’s the verb for ‘to become muddy/impure’ but it’s not usually used as a stand-alone kanji so I’m not sure how to read it. Could also be used as a verb for muddiness or impurity.

2 Likes

The music video and song are amazing, I’m definitely all about it. I definitely also agree that the album has Ninth Part Two vibes to it, but I’m not complaining about it lol. The preview video was edited super weird imho, but it was nice to get a bit of an idea of what were in for. Anyone have the lyrics to Blinding Hope yet or a high quality version of the cover art?

1 Like

I’m loving Aoi’s shift to 7 string guitars these past couple of years.

Looks like his new one is a Strictly 7 “Raven”, Archtop, Headless, and Multiscale. You can typically find them used for $1,200 - $1,900. Aoi’s is very nice.

1 Like

everytime gazette release an album people gonna be angry that it sound too similar to their previous works. lol.

Well yeah it sounds gazette well they are gazette aren’t they?
It sounds pretty much mainstream and fits today’s taste of young people all elements people like of nowadays music is inside this album.

I guess this album gonna rock more than NINTH.

But I am tired myself to only hear mainstream created albums from bands… can’t to go back to the clean rock of the 70ties/80ties? to pour out an album which might isn’t “safe” to release.
But that’s not only for gaztte…just for much more bands.

If this album has been released I will definitely listen to it ^^ and then I hope it will be an album I can listen to without to skip any part of a song. I believe NINTH was the first album… guess this one will be another one ^^ Hope this turns out in a nicely to listen album. we will see :smiley: can’t say that now.

1 Like

Okay well, nothing is setting the world on fire here, but it’s not terrible either.

It’s the Gazette.

3 Likes

Exactly! Cause I thought about 濁流 which is something like “muddy stream”, so I figured it is just the word “mud” or “muddy”

Some of these sound like the album may be better than NINTH! I’m gonna avoid picking favorites here, but the slightly shorter track list may have been a good choice. There’s a few points where I feel the order of the songs might result in certain ones getting overlooked on a full playthrough (something I’ve been feeling about many of these recent albums) but who knows till we hear full versions. Please no one listen to me.

Anyway I’m very into it so far, the video for Blinding Hope is excellent minus the needless intro!

4 Likes

BLINDING HOPE has a cool instrumental but boring chorus, its passable

HOLD, MOMENT and BARBARIAN somewhat caught my attention

LAST SONG sounds like the catchiest of the bunch

ain’t no DOGMA tho, that’s for sure

5 Likes

Man the last 10 seconds of track 6 sound so good.
This is what i was hoping Ninth would sound like.
The incorporation of electronic elements sound really good in these previews

1 Like

They are my favorite band and that they continue with the ninth sound I love it. I will buy the limited edition that there will surely be

I’m probably in the minority thinking this, but Ruki is a boring vocalist. I feel like his performance has gotten fairly one dimensional over the years and doesn’t bring out the energy or emotions in the compositions.

By contrast, I feel like the band’s music has gotten much more interesting. I’m by no means a GazettE connoisseur but I used to listen to them quite a lot up until Dogma. I listened through Ninth maybe twice but it didn’t really grab me. And I think it’s the vocal performance.

It makes every song sound the same to me. The compositions in the previews span a wide spectrum of genres and moods and I’m not really feeling that being translated. It sounds to me that Ruki nowadays sings in “modes” rather than “moods”: clean singing vs screaming vs falsetto vs vibrato RATHER than anger vs excitement vs sadness vs ominous, etc…

I feel like this is the most interesting the GazettE’s music has ever been, but it still hits me the same from anything between Division and Ninth.

10 Likes

ROLLIN’ , HOLD , BARBARIAN , FRENZY , LAST SONG sounds decent from the preview
HOLD is properly another headbanging song just like UGLY <3

If only they would add 2nd disc with instrumental versions…

3 Likes

THIS. SO. MUCH.

Sounds amazing!

It makes every song sound the same to me

Welcome to gazettecore lol

New album and single are fine, sounds like it’s way better mixed than Ninth. I’m also digging the strings present in some of the songs.
I’m liking their new look in Blinding Hope more than the song itself. I’m sincerely impressed that the bassist can still make the nose patch still somewhat fresh? Rest of the boyz are as dapper as 40 year bandomen can be.

1 Like

I’m so glad this album isn’t mixed the same as Ninth, coz that album sounds way to muddy IMO!

2 Likes