the GazettE

praying BLINDING HOPE doesn’t contain any uplifting subliminal programming in the vein of good sis Ruki faking that optimism…

no repeated "…and don’t get COVID!!" choruses pls thx!!!

1 Like

They gonna play it back to back with TOMORROW NEVER DIES.

It is so great and refreshing that they actually show the actual scheduled date and month for the song and album instead of “next spring” or something ambiguous like that :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Yeah, imagine if a band like that actually existed. :crazy_face:

Fully expect refrains filled with bad English phrases referring to plagues and viruses

2 Likes

Invading your body

1 Like

I first was acquainted with the GazettE in 2011. I was looking for ending themes for Japanese horror movies on Youtube and 千鶴 happened to be one of them. There was a link to a PV of The Invisible Wall and I clicked that and I was hooked. I remember getting TOXIC as my first album in 2012, finding out that DIVISION was coming out shortly after, and getting that one next. From there it wasn’t long until I bought CDs of all the easy-to-find singles and albums.
My favorite album is DIM, followed by BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY. NIL is pretty close, though. DIM is just so thematically consistent to a degree that I’ve never heard before. BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY just had some very good songs and NIL I felt tried to pull off what DIM did but doesn’t quite get there. Dogma and Ominous were amazing but the rest of the album didn’t really have anything that blew me away. UNDYING is definitely my favorite single, followed by 紅蓮. I’m amazed that they were able to make a song like a continuation of Dogma and make it as good as the original, although the B-sides weren’t really anything special. All of the tracks in 紅蓮 were pretty haunting so that’s why I rank it highly. Hyena comes close but I feel the main song is overshadowed by the B-sides (although it’s hard to top 千鶴). Defective Tragedy is one of my favorite songs but I feel like it isn’t really talked about a lot.
I saw the GazettE live in San Francisco a few years ago (actually the first concert that I ever attended) and the experience was surreal, especially hearing Undying. Looking forward to hearing their next album in a few months.

2 Likes

The first song I heard from them was Cassis around 2008 I’m pretty sure and I remember really loving it but for whatever reason at the time I wasn’t able to get any of their other music, really not sure why since I had no trouble finding music by Dir En Grey, Blood, Moi Dix Mois, and D’espairsRay, although at some point between then and a year or two ago when I really got into visual kei I had gotten their album NIL but didn’t really think much of it and would pretty much just listen to Cassis when I would listen to them.

Then when I finally started getting really into visual kei a year or two ago I started actually checking out all of the other stuff they had released and they became a band I really love. My favorite releases from them would probably be: Akuyuukai, Before I Decay, Dim, Dogma, Filth in the Beauty, Guren, Leech, Madara, Ninth, Pledge, Reila, Remember the Urge, Shiver, Ugly, and Undying because I love pretty much all of the songs on each of them, with Dogma definitely being my favorite release by them. I’m not really sure what my least favorite release from them would be but it would most likely be one of their early releases since their early stuff is pretty hit or miss with me. I don’t really think I disliked any of their releases as a whole, pretty sure there were some songs I didn’t like but can’t remember which they were. They make great softer songs that are emotionally impactful to me, I enjoyed the weird vibe their early hard songs had and I love the dark atmosphere of their more recent heavy songs, my only complaint really would be that I feel like the extreme vocals aren’t really varied enough and I would love to see them incorporate more extreme vocal techniques.

2 Likes

I found a live from 2002.

9 Likes

I’ve known about the GazettE since maybe that multi single release campaign with zetsu but i didn’t fully enjoy them until MADARA and it wasn’t until Reila and later Filth in the beauty that I really started paying attention. To me they really are a band that honed their craft and got better with age.
I find myself playing BLINDING HOPE multiple times a day and have a hype for the album akin to Dir en grey’s VULGAR and Withering to death.

2 Likes

The GazettE is thé most special band to me. I started listening to them from Nil on when I was about 11 years old and my older brother was getting into Visual Kei. Dim is probably the most special album to me because of what it meant for me as a musician. But really, I like everything they have put out (with the exception of traces). My dream came through when I had the chance to see them live in 2013 (Dortmund). Then my dream came through even more when I had the chance to attend the meet & greet in 2016 during their Dogmatic tour! (Cologne). In 2019 during their Ninth tour (Cologne again) I had another chance to attend the meet & greet, so I consider myself very lucky!

1 Like

I didn’t know there was an HD version of this. Pretty sure last I saw it was all gritty with my dial-up internet. Weird watching it smooth… Anyways, if you need a reason to jump up and down, there’s this song.

6 Likes

Oh damn, I remember watching this in a loop on Youtube in glorious 2p quality in 2006 or 07. That and MAD MARBLE HELL VISION, Ruder and sentimental na onigokko. I also didn’t knew there was a HD version of this now, that’s cool.

It’s kinda amazing how we old fans had to put up with shitty internet speed and connections, low quality videos, crap low-bitrate rips from limewire and spending hours to search the net for decent scans and pictures of our fave bandomen.

2 Likes

mad marble hell vision kinda gains nothing in HD res lol

if anything, the 320p mpg rips had their own charm

1 Like

BLOODY BIRTHDAY!

1 Like

I got so tired of TOMORROW NEVER DIES but now I’d gladly take it back :joy:

I wish GazettE would re-record their golden oldies like No.666 and mad marble like Dir en grey did with their past songs.

2 Likes

Something tells me it would be too polished and lose a lot of the energy which made those songs memorable, but at the same time it would be interesting to see

1 Like

They should put all the oldies unpolished on a double or triple release. PRE-major Gazette za beginnings… if they haven’t already…

2 Likes

Traces Vol. 2 was a disaster so they should maybe probably leave any old stuff alone