THE MADNA new maxi-single "GiANT KiLLiNG" release

5 Likes

how
grafik

2 Likes

That’s why. :smiley: but also no QA

(I really wanna like them, but oh boy, do they make it hard.)

1 Like

there’re several things going on there that I absolutely love

their looks and costumes are on point again, and they’re definitely aiming to stand out against the stale VK dressing patterns of literally like a decade worth of recent bands

I really like the 2002 MTV pop-punk vibe of the PV, it’s sweet and very nostalgic; I don’t remember a good outdoorsy urban PV in a while, they all kinda sucked, this one is great

they keep releasing shit that is so completely and horrifically removed from what I consider music, it’s literally unlistenable garbage, tossed together under pretense of finding their own quirky and fun style, and it just does not work

their LmC/Initial L copycat non-singles were at least okay from a listening standpoint

I really wish all the ambition and artistry that they bring as a visual project helped with their sound. this is just so bad…

2 Likes

Its like LM.C and dadaroma had a baby. This is good.

2 Likes

Pretty cool. This band is promising from start. It’s pleasant to hear something fresh from recent VK bands, this pop/punk/rapcore reminds me a bit bands like xTripx, baroque etc

1 Like

i love these punks! another song another slay! boost of motivation! that’s what I need!

by the way, Takashi is huge LM.C fan.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of energy and would sound fun as a live song, but this will be another b-side release for me like Beautiful Inferno (which isn’t a bad thing for me, really.) All that being said, these guys are one of the only vk bands actually doing something different (aesthetically, compositionally, etc.) enough to grab my attention nowadays.

This is the best PV so far for me, love the song; I’m sure there’s plenty of people upset that he’s yet to growl or scream, but yeah, this is what LM.C sounded like when I was a fan. I never really got into DADAROMA, but if this is what they sound like I’ll give it another shot.

They sound more like SuG than LM.C to me. Even the vocalist voice at times sounds like Takeru.

2 Likes

This y2k nostalgia has to stop, it already caused enough harm by bringing back the disgusting baggy pants on females.

A friend of mine sent over the music video (otherwise I probably wouldn’t have checked it out), and I gotta say it was pretty entertaining! Kind of a mashup of baroque, LM.C and RAKUGAKI. Even if the song itself doesn’t have much going for it, it’s a style that feels refreshing in the current context of VK.

(also I want that Beavis & Butthead shirt, lol)

1 Like

The chorus has a really strange rhythm although it is catchy, credit for making a fairly simple and low budget video interesting. It’s just a bit jarring hearing this, I felt ugly heaven was a step in the right direction, it was fun and somewhat interesting but as mentioned earlier, this sounds more like a b-side than a single.

1 Like

1st SINGLE preview. You can find it on Spotify etc. Absolutely amazing single :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face:

3 Likes

君だけがいない世界で is a damn good song, much better than giant killing tbh

exactly what I expect from them

2 Likes

The chorus is so hype, so catchy , and I love it <3

1 Like

Not keen on the pop punk chorus and drumming boi looks bored as hell but this isnt so bad.

In this interview THE MADNA shares dreams about performing in overseas. They are really motivated to go big. Ryota mentions that most of YouTube comments are from overseas (He noticed us hehe :sunglasses: ) Tomo also dropped nice words. Definitely recommend reading this~

5 Likes

Bomb Factory Exciter guitar riff.:smirk: