The ONE-SENTENCE J-rock Song Review Game

So here’s a simple game that I thought might be fun/interesting to play here.

It works like this:

Someone posts a song (via youtube, soundcloud, or some external link). The next person shares what they think about the song, and then posts a song of their own for review. Everyone is welcome to play this game.

The rules are simple:

• Song must be Japanese (any kind of J-rock or metal-related genres are welcome).

• Your review has to be at least one sentence long. You can write more if you want, but one sentence will suffice.

• Include a number rating with your review (ie 5/10 or 3/5)

So to get started, I’ll post the first song for review! GO!

7 Likes

Review: Yo, the guitar riffs shred and got me wildin’
4/5

=====

2 Likes

Im not good at this but here we go:

Good enough dual vocals, I also like the overall catchiness of the song but I think is lacking some energy that would make it a bit boring if the song was longer.

3.22/5

=====

this song is a bit typical of that time but

1 Like

Review: The beginning sounded a bit chaotic but not in a bad way. The sining part was catching and it was intresting that they had longer instrumental parts, scream parts and parts with melodic singing but overall I found the song to long.

Still solid : 5/10

For review
To Destination - Eden

3 Likes

Review: All the parts by themselves sound good but feel very separated from each other. Maybe because of the live mixing? Enjoyed the guitars very much.

7/10

===
My contribution

2 Likes

I remember when this song came out that j-indie fans were really into, but it didn’t do much for me. I’ve since become a fan of both Mukai’s work and Leo Imai tho and I think that’s retrospectively affected my opinion of this song, too. The 80’s-like feel they went for here really isn’t my favorite, but I can definitely appreciate it more than I did before. Really enjoy the reggae-like verses and the vocals from both men tho. It’s pretty good overall and makes me wonder how i’d feel about the whole album now.

8/10

(and lmao I couldn’t write just once sentence. maybe next time :rofl: )

Next Song:

1 Like

I’ve made a slight adjustment to the rules.

Nice bass, reminds to some extent of Nirvana, got that grunge feeling :laughing:
8/10

Next song:

2 Likes

Pretty enjoyable song despite me not being the biggest pop punk fan. The mellow middle part was a pleasant surprise
8/10

======
Next song: