the Raid. Drummer Kazhi steps aside

After being discharged from the hospital (for a condition I’m unsure of), it seems that Kazhi’s disposition and motivation to continue as the drummer for the Raid. has waned. He claims he feels he can’t play the drums as well as he could and would like to withdraw from the band. After conversations with the rest of the members and fearing disbandment, they have come to the agreement that they will perform with support drummers live until Kazhi himself can find a good replacement for the band. In addition, if the venue has a big enough stage and Zakhi feels in good enough condition to play, they would like to set up two drum kits so that he can play alongside the support drummer.

6 Likes

While I’m not sure how much I care about this band, this totally sucks for them. Didn’t they just get picked up by a label and are gearing up for the big-time?

2 Likes

Nooo I’m so sorry for him! I’ve always liked this band, since their early days and seeing him leave sucks :confounded::sob:

Yup,They got signed to Sony

Kazhi will depart (for reals this time) after his last live at Shinjuku Blaze on 5/27. His contract will be terminated by the band/their label afterwards.

Kazhi is their DJ for quite a while if I am not mistaken. Their drummer for a year or so is Rossy

Not surprising news, also since they went major they’re really not doing anything.
They used to release new music constantly and tour non-stop, now they haven’t released anything since September and they barely play any lives

1 Like

Too busy with that cafe.

Felt a bit inevitable at this point :frowning: . Kazhi has always been my favorite of the band due to his charisma and overall personality. Also a surprisingly competent vocalist behind his kazchanpin/goofy swan antics.

:saluting_face: