The THIRTEEN - A World Of Villains

This EP follows in the same vein as the more recent EPs they’ve released, but I gotta say I’m enjoying this one far more than the others. It has a distinctly theatrical sound to it and it’s pleasantly cohesive overall. ‘ANGRY’ is wonderfully deranged – I was not expecting what sounds like a very annoyed hamster creature shaking its fist at the sky, but here we are. I do hope this EP marks the transition back to some heavier stuff, as I feel this is where they excel, however I do think Mao’s voice is wonderful in the more delicate moments.

If nothing else it sounds like they had fun recording this lmao.

4 Likes

My copy will be here Wednesday so looking forward to hearing it. :slight_smile: I do prefer their heavier stuff but they never do anything necessarily terrible. And before anyone says it, I actually liked the Pandemic album. Haha.

2 Likes

I’d love to hear your thoughts on it when you get round to it!

I LOVE this mini album

1 Like

Been a bit delayed with the delivery so still waiting on it. :frowning:

Finally had a listen to this, the first two songs sound like covers of stuff from Marilyn Mansons Golden Age of Grotesque album, doesnt queen sound like it has a fair bit in common with Mobscene?? 3rd song was interesting and a bit weird but decent and the rest of the EP sounds like it would have been a good continuation of Pandemic so yeah im all good with it besides the first couple of songs sounding like ripoffs of MM songs.

Am i also the only one who despite having the lyrics on the screen can hardly understand Maos English?? Haha.