The THIRTEEN new EP "GLITTER" release

Eh, it’s not metal, it’s another lightweight EP.

1 Like

You were right. Guess I won’t be listening to them after all.

Okay now I’m sad

why have they decided to delete the video?

do they want to change the b sides again or what do they want?

Probably because everyone who heard it was like “man this is whack I’m not buying this!” Haha. I missed it as well if I’m honest. I’m kinda thinking though if this doesn’t hit I may give these guys a break as I’ve not really felt the last couple of releases so unless they come back with some seriously good stuff then I’m not that interested.

1 Like

Still miss Sadie.

2 Likes

I will not spend my money on this … they have moved away from the heavy sound that I liked, they will realize the error and surely the next one will be heavier … I hope so … by the way they have deleted the video of the bad What is it

1 Like

Yeah they’ve went back to boring sound they were doing early on. I’m not even gonna bother with this band anymore.

Not deleted, but hidden.
Maybe they didn’t look closely enough and left access via a link, and now they’ve just come to their senses and plan to open access later.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I was thinking when listening to the new song actually. Haha.

1 Like

Not horrible for the obligatory VK jazz track. Sadie had plenty of mellow songs too so I’m not worried they won’t do heavy again; it’s in their blood.

1 Like

the video is again back up

1 Like

Wow 3 whole days. What was the point?

maybe they planned to release the video later and did it on accident first?
first best explanation from my side.

end of life sadie were tragically pointless, but this mini sounds lost in odd genre experiments, none of which work out, and there is a total of one passably good song on the entire release which is flare, which in turn sounds like a cover of gazette’s unfinished.

I’m not sure I’m alone in this sentiment, but the era of draconian indie labels that held their bandmen’s creative balls in a steel grip was actually good for the scene.

the 13 should stick to releasing acoustic 3-4 track singles since those typically have some class to them, and don’t ooze with cringe juice like their full-band arrangements do.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree. There was a lot more consistency.

The album is one streaming sites

Well it sure is not another METEOR

Tokyo Sympathy is definitely my favourite song off this EP; it has a homey, quite familiar-sounding main riff and the vocals are really something beautiful. The way the solo leads into the next verse is :ok_hand:
I can see where Focus is aiming at but kinda misses the mark; I think it’s too clean and neat and it would’ve been great to see a little more chaos or wildness to make it stand out. But anyway, it’s pleasant enough on its own I suppose.
GAME is looser and overall I’d say it’s more engaging than Focus and fits the concept better.
moody blues continues this trend of getting more chaotic, then the EP ends with more ballady/uplifting songs with Flare and daydreamer.
On another note why am I reminded of a kindergarten show theme with daydreamer ._.
The EP is a great listen for a depressing Saturday afternoon to get your mood up : )

Pleasant is the word I’ve been using to describe this release as well. Nothing mad or insanely amazing but a nice listen nonetheless. Hasn’t got me giving up on them so look forward to seeing where they’re going next.

1 Like