THE THIRTEEN new mini-album, "A World of Villains" release

The THIRTEEN new mini-album, “A World of Villains” will be released on 4/12 and will feature 6 tracks and a DVD of their new PV, “QUEEN”.

10 Likes

Im not convinced based on their look that this is going to be a heavy one…

1 Like

I hope that we have a femme fatale homage
and no ugly ass AI masturbation this time.

I’d love to like this band, but Mao + Mizuki = Sadie in my brain and in my heart. :pleading_face:

1 Like

a few blatantly direct kyo copies aside, they’ve had stunning looks ever since this started, if only the actual music ever delivered on the same level ughhh

6 Likes

They look great, but I have no hope this will be good enough to listen to on repeat.

1 Like

Yeah, they did go through a period of doing pretty good stuff then lost momentum and have been consistently “alright” since…

2 Likes

[CD tracklist]

1. Welcome to the Villains World
  2. QUEEN
  3. I WANNA BE LOVED BY YOU
  4. ANGRY
  5. DARK HEROS
  6. The Snow Evil will perish
2 Likes

Welcome to the malformed box

1 Like

Previews are out!
Seems like this one’s following the same route as the previous two EPs, but I will say I’m really looking forward to listening to this one in full. It also seems to be a little heavier as well, but I’m most looking forward to QUEEN and some lovely operatic vocals.

Oh and the MV is out too:

3 Likes

There are some nice tracks but man,
This is far too much Engrish to take for my western soul

3 Likes

I like itttt

Haha i really wish Japanese bands would stop doing that. Using broken English never adds anything to the music besides making it a biy comical and silly.

3 Likes

The last one (snow etc) was the only one wich really pleased my ears. 3 EP of jazz/circus kei is way too much for me…

It’s cool to try things and play variety of stuff but I don’t know since Sadie they seems lost : copy band ? Own sound (master of romance) ? pop strange stuff (Meteor and other things), darker sound and copy band again ? (Madrigal de Maria) pop again ? And after the tragedy of Gangsta and jazz kei out of nowhere they are back to darker sound with the 13th and now back again with circus things… ?
I don’t understand their creation process.

2 Likes

mao’s English is attrocious, he has often such a over dramatic over tonation when he talks in english while having such an unclear pronounciation. He definitely is otherwise one of my favourite 10 Visual Kei vocalists but this just ruins a good part of it for me.

Anybody able to identify the ‘sample’ in the background at 3:47?
I KNOW I heard that in a Vkei song, but impossible to put my finger on it and it’s driving me INSANE

EDIT: Found it, it’s Atsuku Nare by An Cafe!

Sad when you know he studied for some time in an university in England…

3 Likes

Honestly his english got better compared to sadie. Its Not bad O_o

1 Like

The grammar definitely is better than from most other Japanese vocalist/lyric writer in the VK scene

the winter aesthetic here + a blatant kaya rip-off… we stan… their best PV to date for me tbh

I hope they get the hint most of us would have preferred all-Japanese lyrics, throw youtube subtitles if you really care about western fans getting what your song is about.

3 Likes