Upcoming Festival Guide

Thanks to recent events of several japanese bands playing at the same festival, we decided to make a thread dedicated for non-Japanese festivals that include japanese bands.

1 Like

Also confirmed for Resurrection Fest in Spain (together with Babymetal, Hanabie, Crystal lake and Lovebites)

(not officially announced on their social media for some reason though)

Edit: They announced it minutes after my post haha

3 Likes

And Knosis. :slight_smile: Interesting that Crystal Lake and Ryo are booked for the same Festival. I hope there will be no bad blood.

Jiluka, Knosis, Crystal Lake, Hanabie, Lovebites and Babymetal

That’s a lot of Japanese bands for the same festival

There’s also a weird amount of American bands in that line up. I wonder what are they doing at a Spanish festival. It’s almost as if metal was seen as metal regardless of the origin country, people had broadened their listening horizons thanks to streaming and globalization and Japanese bands weren’t subjected to Anicons anymore to be able to play abroad lol

But in all seriousness I’m happy so many Japanese metal bands have the chance to play at European metal festivals. They belong there as much as any North or South American metal band invited.

whats wierd about many american bands in the Resurrection Fest?
Its a quite popular metal/rock festival in Galicia with bands like Slipknot, Pantera, Slayer, Motorhead, KoRn, Cannibal Corpse, Soulfly, Deftones, Judas Priest, and many many more playing there over the years…

They also upload some of the lives/interviews with the bands to their YT channel, so there could upload some in the future.

If i recall correctly, other japanese bands like Crossfaith played in this festival in the past too.

4 Likes

The question is: Is Spain and/or Portugal able to handle the Sena? :smiley:

1 Like

for me personally, it’s just weird seeing modern vk bands play with these bands cuz it’s something I’d thought would never happen again lol

1 Like

Wait, are you really assuming American music isn’t popular in Spain? How is that exactly “weird”?

I’m being sarcasting. I don’t see why a handful of popular Japanese bands being present at an international metal festival would be out of place. Same way popular American bands aren’t out of place.

2 Likes

Slapped that festival into our brandnew thread, because there is more than jiluka to the festival.

1 Like

not sure if any of these were mentioned already elsewhere

Hanabie and Babymetal at Nova Rock next year (Austria)

Crystal Lake, Hanabie and Babymetal at Download (UK)