US raises application fees for foreign artists 250%

Not sure if anyone else shared this, but I found it quiet alarming, and not great news for anyone hoping to see Japanese artists in the US.

More:

U.S. triples visa fees for international artists.

2 Likes

This is so ridiculous it’s laughable. You’d have to be filthy rich and that’s one thing vk bands aren’t.

1 Like

That planned increase was known already since a whole year

1 Like

USA being USA :rofl:

So this explains why my fav non-vkei band cant play in the US :open_mouth:

Welpp… time to move to the UK lol

The only solution I can think of is crowdfunding and a ticket discount or exclusive merchandise.

1 Like

www.Campfire.co.jp

At this point the crowd fund would have to go towards the 250% fee for the US tour if a japanese band would wanna come here.

Just hire more while increasing prices at a reasonable rate. If they are one of those government services that are open 8 hrs a day, run a night shift so that you are ahead of the demand curve. There are so many solutions but they landed on demanding more money smh

"DHS officials say the increases are necessary to handle a growing demand for the visas coupled with the fact that they’re understaffed in the Citizenship and Immigration department. "

i hate it here

1 Like

lol I need some conspiracy tea on the big music mob or something because about a year ago I’ve read a piece about music producers in the US being exhausted because established acts are stagnant sales wise and there’re no new people entering the business to freshen up the stank (i wonder why?..)

that being said, this shit is neither going to hurt BTS (let’s be real…) nor it will ever help DUA LIPA and POST MALONE.

1 Like

This will really only affect conventions. In order to get an Entertainer Visa to hold concerts outside of big events like conventions where they can send you a letter of invitation, you need to be able to prove that you have already had successful concerts overseas and that you have gone overseas to perform before to even be able to qualify for this Visa. Most bands that could come to the US to do tours outside of conventions wouldn’t qualify either way.

If it’s one thing vk/jrock bands don’t have, it’s money… Forget tours by japanese bands…

1 Like

Rather more like… forget tours by a lot of bands
I know our Forum concentrates on JRock, but in the end those fees affect any band coming from outside the US

I guess it will be interesting to see now if Europe, South America or Australia will see more tours now

5 Likes

USA doing USA things. Just another tale from the asylum lol

2 Likes

Life hack: Play one-off shows in Vancouver or Toronto instead, and have American fans fly to Canada for a change.

3 Likes

We live in a shit country for sure lol

That’s why everyone should do Latin America tours instead.

If it’s the winter I’ll drive thank you very much. I shan’t be!! In the snowy places!! In a rental car!!!

Make Calgary Great Again!