V系 artists who sing their songs in English

Idk how true it is, but at least to some degree it makes sense for NB to use lots of English given that apparently Hiro lived in the United States for a few years during the 2000’s.

I hear tons of different stories about hiro
from him being born in seattle and having grown up there, to him spending some time in the US only.

Also NCBL belong into the core dump of bands that use english.

ah yes those romantic lyrics from VK’s very own casanova. Panties just drop at “Fucker fucker domestic fucker” don’t it ? :smiley:

There’s one song, a beautiful song but I’ts not their song and that is " I don’t wanna miss a thing" (Aerosmith) that Fest Vainquerer sings.

Had to check the lyrics for Fatal Error Race, but no he just sings two lines in english, the rest is japanese.
But the Natural Born Sinner has short lyrics but mostly in english.

Ngl I like the fact Kyo speaks garbled english. Some of his more “colourful” lyrics would probably be a little discomforting in correct english, even when I know what they are with the garbled.

Also it’s a funny little bit of character that makes some lyrical lines work better, I’ve noticed recently he seems to sometimes add sounds and syllables that aren’t even in the word at all.

When the album first came out, I honestly didn’t even realize those songs (and chunks of others) were in English because of Kyo’s accent. I was also in 8th grade when Uroboros came out, and wasn’t into the scene as deeply as I am now and hadn’t heard the single versions in Japanese.

And now, while I do notice the differences, I actually don’t mind these versions so much. Sometimes I intentionally put on the English version of Glass Skin because I connect with the lyrics now that I’ve read them in a way I don’t really connect with the Japanese version’s lyrics.

1 Like

For English? Its probably because he uses katakana pronunciation of english words.
But tbh i also think it has a certain charm the wrong pronunciation.

The Sound Bee HD has many songs in english too

1 Like
1 Like

Fucking legendary song. Never knew was all English.

2 Likes

i have no idea how i didn’t remember that deluhi’s “the farthest” is entirely in english.

1 Like

A decent portion of this song is english surprisingly.

1 Like

This epic song by MUCC from Karma :relieved: I really love the bluesy mood of it and although the lyrics are a bit strange it’s quite an easy listen. However Tatsuro’s pronunciation needs work. I wish they released more English songs so that he could practice because I weirdly enjoy listening to him sing in English. Despite the jumbled words.

Miyavi is def much better with that. Although I don’t dig his English songs too much. This one was an okay pop song I guess?

2 Likes

Not entirely in english but

Plastic rainbow day’s
rakuraku gratify day’s
hi yo nobori sansan to ga nare darararara
Fancy blacky day’s
rakuraku vernal day’s
hi yo shizumi chiguhagu to ga nare sherii
GARIROOOOOOOOOOOON

Someone’s probably already said this but JILUKA sings in english A LOT i don’t think i’ve ever heard them sing a whole song in japanese

That is … Like a core thing to do :joy:
The majority of metalcore bands use English and jiluka fall into that corner, even as VK band

1 Like