Versailles - VOGUE

Premiere in 4 days.

22 Likes

I think I positively love the preview clip by now. Kamijo’s voice is really pleasant, the strings are right and serene and the guitar riff right at the end is also nice. Overall it reminds me pretty much of some songs in the later Lareine Era (like Imperial Concerto or Trailer) with more of a Versailles speed and rhythm.

4 Likes

Ok, this song is absolutely great.

3 Likes

Yeah that was really nice
Excited for the album now

2 Likes

Wow yeah that was really, really so great!! I’m so happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It was okay. It probably has to grow on me. I found the verses to be more interesting than the chorus, which is a first for me.

Also, is it just me or was Hizaki dancing a bit at the 4:15 mark? Moving his hips or something. I don’t know. It was cute.

2 Likes

Thats a great come back. The song is incrible great, will be nice to follow them again

1 Like

omg @ that string orchestration… flaunt your major label budget, kings

8 Likes

Yes, the strings are absolutely gorgeous.

3 Likes

On one hand I am glad that the kings released something. On the other hand, to me it felt boring and uninspired.

1 Like

The MV is quite boring/cheap but the song is great! Really better than i expected.

Excited for the new releases

1 Like

Song is great they definitely served here

I’m a bit late to the party, but gotta say I really dig the new song! I don’t know if it’s because of its own merit or just the fact that we couldn’t hear anything new from them for so many years… in any case, I’m here for this! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wrath of thunder imo is not as good sadly
Sounds more like Jupiter

1 Like

Ah, couldn’t listen to it yet. I was hoping for something like Gekkakou or The Red Carpet Day.

1 Like

VOGUE really surprised me a lot, even though the site’s description mentioned dark and agressive guitars, the teaser’s preview and the title tricked me into expecting a softer song or even a ballad. Really loving it a lot and have been looping it like crazy lately.
I think it sounds a lot like KAMIJO’s recent work (which makes sense, to be fair) but that’s not a complaint at all. I’m really happy to have these guys back with new awesome music
Wrath of Thunder is not bad but it seems to me like the kind of track that will take several listens before I actually get into it, so I’ll give it some time before giving a proper opinion on it.

3 Likes

VOGUE is such a Kamijo track and Wrath of Thunder is such a Hizaki track. WoT feels like After Cloudia 2.0. If you know, you know. I’ve been listening to Hizaki/Versailles long enough to pick up on his compositional cues. I wonder if this is a double A-side and both of these will appear on Emperor (or whatever the title is now). In some alternate universe, I could see Wrath of Thunder being the A-side that no one is jazzed about and VOGUE being the B-side people really like, so it’s interesting seeing that trend reversed. We did get lucky with Gekkakou being on JUBILEE, so there’s hope! Best A-side since 2011’s MASQUERADE for sure.

I agree that VOGUE is the more immediately interesting track but that Wrath of Thunder will also grow on me. Anyway, I’m just glad to have these guys back, and also glad to see that they have some energy again. And I’m also glad that they gave us two tracks instead of just one. Welcome back boys.

8 Likes

When did this come out a week ago or so? It’s already close to a hundred plays on my iTunes lol. WoT also had to grow on me (a little bit) but Vogue to me was just spot on.

This is so cool!

1 Like

Vogue is an absolutely gorgeous song. One characteristic that often irritates me in VK are heavy songs with out-of-place poppy choruses. D is one of the worst offenders, though many of their other choruses are outstanding work.

Kamijo/Versailles are somehow very good at executing this. And Vogue is a perfect example. The track has a constant fast pace, which I love. The main riff is somehow very new and fresh to me. The strings are perfect. And the famous chorus reminds me of faster Lareine tracks in their latter era, like Imperial Concerto or Trailer. The strings are again very noticeably great. That chorus is the best Lareine reference Kamijo did since the band’s disbandment.

Wrath of Thunder also really grew on me. It is a fun song. It is only that I was/still am hoping for a song like Gekkakou or The Red Carpet Day.

My only downside for this single is how low the bass is in the mix. I love Versailles’ basslines and it is very hard to hear them this time imo. I was recently talking with a friend about finger style vs picking and the truth is, that in metal, picking tends to result in a sound that comes through more easily.

4 Likes