What do you guys listen to besides Visual Kei?

I swear it is a coincidence I keep seeing you everywhere but can you recommend me some spanish music? It’s mostly due to my spanish teacher’s instructions but I also feel like listening to more diverse music

2 Likes

I know you didn’t ask me, but you should listen to “Virus.” it’s an argentinian band

2 Likes

i will! thanks for the rec, i’ll take suggestions from anyone as long as it’s not country

1 Like

2 Likes

Yes of course! Im not sure what type you’d be interested in like for example party music, sad songs, songs about love, etc, However, some of my fav artists include Selena Quintanilla, she sung all sorts of genres like cumbia, pop, Tejano, Mariachi, Ranchera. Jenni Rivera has a deep rich voice and is best known for Regional Mexican, Banda, Mariachi, and Norteño. Colombian singer Kalis Uchis has lots of songs where she sings in both English and Spanish and her genres include R&B, neo-soul, reggaeton, and hip hop. A classic Old school singer would be Vicente Fernandez, who is best known for his Regional Mexican music, Canción, ranchero, and Mariachi. However, some simple party music would include “La Vaca” (Merengue) “La Duena Del Swing”(Merengue) “Cumbia de la Cobra” (Cumbia) “La Carcacha”(Cumbia) “La Quebradora” (Banda) I hope this helps you with sort of basic intro into the music! it truly is a wormhole so once you start listening you’ll get sucked in and find a ton more artists! I hope you enjoy :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

Kinda just saw this, if you aren’t really into the types of artists I suggested some Spanish Rock groups include the Chris Pérez Band (Husband of Selena Quintanilla) Maná, Caifanes, Molotov, Soda Stereo, Los Prisioneros, Café Tacuba, Panteón Rococó

Hope this also Helps :relieved:

1 Like

Everyone else writing paragraphs and then there’s me: luz
And then every once in a while the vocaloid/utaite scene releases a song that I’ll loop even without a luz cover like G4L or ルマルソルシエ

1 Like

YES THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME SOME BASE TO WORK ON

1 Like

Huh, I’ve never really thought about other music. Ever since middle school VK has sort of just been my everything. But ig since i’m a dancer sometimes I listen to kpop but mostly gothic rock, or Jpop.

Always liked soul music not jazz, so I’m gonna go back to the Latino persuasion for now and work up to truth and soul records, then I’ll just go back to the beginning and review everything. I don’t wanna miss a moment of stagnation.

Ive been listening to phonk/drift phonk recently and while i feel like a tool bc apparently its trending on tiktok it does make me feel badass on my commute to work lol

1 Like

It does sound like a gen z hard bass

1 Like

I listen to vocaloid songs in the style of masa, utsu p and daijobu p.

2 Likes
  1. Goth rock, post punk, darkwave, ethereal wave and “gothy” vibes music.

2. Jpop, specially 70s and 80s music (maybe I should say Kayoukyoku then) and shibuya kei, although I listen to more modern Jpop too.

3. 90s eurodance, eurobeat, trance… That happy electronic vibes xD

4. Kpop. Don’t care about the stanning aspect, and I almost never watch performance stages or even the music videos. Just need that bubblegum feeling sometimes lol

5. Metal. I listened to it more when I was in my teens and before I discovered my love for goth music, but I still like it and listen to it frequently.

6. Dungeon synth. I love even the extremely cheesy cheap synth rpg themed albums xD I have to be in certain mood to listen to it tho.

1 Like

Hello! First time replier here. I listen to a lot of different kinds of music and vkei is only really one of the genres I listen to.

1. J-rock/math rock/metal – artists like toe, sakanaction, coaltar of the deepers, mouse on the keys, chouchou merged syrups, ling tosite sigure are my most notable and favorites.
  2. J-electronic/core/doujin – spans multiple genres within but the three I listen to most are house/trance, artcore and hardcore. A lot of it tends to be rhythm game soundtracks. Some artists/groups are DiverseSystem, HARDCORE TANO*C, Tamaonsen (touhou rap), aran.

And my most listened to kind of music outside of vkei is still technically j-electronic but specifically ones that include vocaloid? Or are vocaloid adjacent (as in the artist produces vocaloid songs but also makes other songs). Rhythm game soundtracks are huge for me. Basically these two playlists encompass my music taste outside of vkei pretty well:
youtube and Spotify.

Other than that I listen to some j-idols, western metal, western goth rock and post-punk, k-electronic, (actual) techno, minimalism, kpop, ambient…
I apologize for the long response, will work on keeping things short and simple!!

2 Likes
  1. metal except traditional heavy metal, traditional doom metal, stoner metal, or any other blues-heavy related metal genres. like, thrash metal, black metal, death metal, folk metal, alternative metal, modern metal, djent, power metal…
  2. hardcore punk related, like post-hardcore, metalcore, deathcore, electronicore, easycore, melodic hardcore, grindcore…
  3. synthwave aka. retrowave, outrun, and cyberpunk.
  4. cpop but only 13 artists, including David Tao, Jam Hsiao, Jay Chou, Joker Xue, Kenji Wu, Leehom Wang, Ocean Cao, Show Luo, Vae Xu, Wayne Lim, Wilber Pan, Yoga Lin, D. Kwok.
  5. chiptune, but only a bit.

All eater - I like everything that is catchy.
Jrock, jpop, kpop, all kind of western music, game music, retrowave music… everything!

Some people already said they don’t care much for specific genres and I think I am the same. Especially when it comes to sub genres.

I don’t even consider myself a metal fan. I do enjoy some vk bands who do metal (DEG lol) but it’s more of a tolerating the metal for the sake of the whole work of art a vk is. Does that sound strange? Probably :sweat_smile:

Apart from vk I have a few very diffrent bands/artists I absolutely love:

HIM/VV - this is IT for me. This is the goat. I have no idea what he even does. Gothic-rock-love-metal??? But I like everything about it. :face_holding_back_tears:

Darren Hayes - this is definitly pop. I love his voice and very personal song writing. :pleading_face:

Maneskin - :smile:

Apart from this I like Enka, 80’s pop, musicals and some mainstream classics like Queen (but come on who does not like Queen?).